Federal University Dutse was established in 2011. It is located in the ancient city of Dutse the Jigawa State capital. The University seeks to attract a diverse and international Faculty and Students body to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationship with many universities and higher educational institutions in Nigeria and across the world.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The post will be vacant with effect from 10th February, 2021. Pursuant to the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act. No. 11 of 1993 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act. No.25 of 1996 as amended and the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act. 2003, the 3 Governing Council of the University at its inaugural meeting held on Monday 27th July, 2020 approved the commencement of the process of filling the vacancy. Interested candidates are to note the following information for guidance:
- The candidate for the post of the Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidates should:
- Be a highly distinguished academic with a good First Degree and a Ph.D. and who is well rooted in the finest academic traditions;
- Be on the rank of Professor;
- Have had a wide academic and administrative experience at a reputable University, and be capable of giving dynamic academic and administrative leadership.
- Possess the ability to create the much needed harmony between staff and students on the one hand and between members of the University Community and the wider community on the other;
- Be a person with a clear vision and capacity to pursue the continuous development of the University even under resource constraints;
- Be someone who appreciates, and acts on merit and who will resist undue pressure;
- Be of sound mental and physical health;
- Be morally sound and of proven integrity with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity.
- Be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the University’s vision, mission and core values, as well as the pursuit of its strategic objectives;
- Be a person who is not older than 65 years at the point of assumption of duty as Vice-Chancellor; and
- Must possess appreciable computing skills and well vast in information and communications technology.
- Be able to engender both national and International respect, particularly in the academic world.
- Be a member of national and international Professional Associations.
- Be able to attract research grants, create linkages partnerships and complimentary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic nature of the University.
- Be able to relate effectively with government and nongovernmental organizations, the alumni, the local community and foster linkages with institutions within and outside Nigeria.
Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall serve for a single term of five years. The remunerations shall be as obtained in Nigerian Federal Universities, and or as approved by Council, from time to time.