than an air-conditioner that spreads wonderfully cool air through the house. The moment you are unable to stand the heat, an air-conditioner will offer your home with cool air. This act makes the temperature in the house a lot more pleasant. However, if you don’t always clean and properly maintain the air-conditioner, you may end up with more problems than benefits. In return, the air conditioner will spread more dust and bacteria than cold air, which results in an unpleasant odor and may spread disease across. Indeed, you won’t wish to experience that! The following tips will keep your air-conditioner in optimal condition and enjoy it a lot longer.
Maintenance and cleaning
In order to keep the air-conditioner efficient, it is necessary that you clean and maintain it at least once in a year. By this way, you won’t give mold and bacteria the opportunity to spread and the appliance will also last for years. The type of the air-conditioner will determine the best way to clean it. You can decide to do it yourself, but it is quite a job, you can also choose to have your air-conditioner cleaned at home by a professional. Your air-conditioner will then function optimally and will be ready for the next hot summer day!
Tips for use:
Aside from the fact there is a need for cleaning and maintenance, it is also essential to know how to use the air-conditioning appropriately. The following tips will help you to use your air-conditioning wisely:
1. Always close the windows and doors when using the air-conditioner. With this process, no heat will enter it.
2. Ensure you protect the room you want to cool from direct exposure to sunlight. For example, by closing the curtains.
3. Don’t place any objects on the air-conditioner, as such an act will retain heat.
4. Delay vacuuming until a cooler day. The warm air that comes out of the vacuum cleaner will remain in the house and increase the temperature.
5. Turn on the air-conditioner before the heat hits. This implies that it doesn’t have to work as hard, and your energy costs will be minimal.
6. Set the thermostat of the air-conditioner so that there is a maximum temperature difference of 7̊c compared with the outside temperature. The wind chill will always be a lot lower, because an air-conditioner dehumidifies the air. This enables the air to feel cooler.
7. Kindly note that you don’t place the air-conditioner in a large room. Each air-conditioner can cool a maximum number of square meters. If you put the appliance in a larger space than it can handle, you will never be able to adequately cool the entire room.
Share to a friend who needs this