University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship: The University of Saskatchewan is pleased to offer International Graduate Scholarship to students who wish to commence a Masters and Doctoral degree program at the University.
This scholarship is highly competitive and available to international students with excellent in academic performance. The student must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarship Type: Educational fund
Scholarship level: Masters & PhD
Scholarship Worth: PhD: $20,000, Master’s Thesis: $16,000
Subject Eligibility: See eligible courses (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
You May Also Like:
- Master and Postgraduate Scholarships by Italian Government 2021
- Vice Chancellor’s Undergraduate International Scholarship UK | Fully-Funded
- Wellcome UK Government Scholarships 2021 | Fully Funded
- IsDB Turkiye Scholarships 2022 | Fully Funded
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships in UK 2021
- Undergraduate and Graduate International Awards in USA 2021
- Financial Aid for International Students at Knox College USA, 2021
- University of Toronto International Admission Scholarships 2021, Canada
- Ivey Global Leader Scholarship Award at Ivey University in Canada 2021(Fully-funded)
- Birkbeck International Excellence Scholarships in UK 2021
University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship | Details
All University Graduate Scholarships (UGS) recipients must be full-time, fully-qualified students who are either continuing their program or are in the process of being admitted into a graduate degree program. Students must be in the first 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the first 48 months of a Doctoral degree program to apply for or hold a UGS. Applicants must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into masters and PhD degree program.
- The award is available for masters & PhD students in various courses offered at the University.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- The student must be registered or continuing in a graduate degree program or have been recommended for admission to a graduate degree program in the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies at the University of Saskatchewan.
- The student must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student. When determining eligibility, only whole terms (not partial terms) are used to obtain a minimum of 60 credit units on which to compute the student’s GPA. Courses with grades of Pass, Credit, etc. are not included when computing the student’s GPA (http://www.usask.ca/cgps/admissions/admissionsprocess.php#Calculatingadmissionaverage).
- Master’s students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of two years of university graduate scholarship in the first three years of their graduate program. Master’s students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 36th month of their graduate program.
- PhD students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of three years of university graduate scholarship funding in the first four years of their program. PhD students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 48th month of their graduate program.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Saskatchewan’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Eligible Courses: University of Saskatchewan offer Graduate Scholarships to students in the following departments/units:
- Art & Art History
- Curriculum Studies
- Education – cross-departmental PhD program
- Indigenous Studies
- Languages, Literatures, & Cultural Studies
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Linguistics & Religious Studies
- Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Pathology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
How-to-Apply: Students accepted by University of Saskatchewan for Graduate Scholarship for masters and PhD studies with an admission average of 80% are required to Complete the application form.
Document Requirement: All information must be typed. Include photocopies of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended. You must arrange for two letters of reference from persons familiar with your academic work. The letters must be sealed and submitted directly by the department or referral to the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2021
Share to a friend who needs this