University of Edinburgh PhD Research Projects Scholarship: Avail yourself for this funded research project for international PhD students who wish to enroll in a research program at University of Edinburgh, UK. The availability of funded research projects varies significantly by subject area. They are usually offered in medical, scientific and technical disciplines, where the cost of research is high and where defined projects may be used to contribute to a wider area of research.
However, it is still worth checking to see if any funded research projects are available in the arts, humanities and social sciences. The selection process for a funded project often works in the same way as applying for a job there is usually only limited numbers available, so it can be competitive. You also need to demonstrate your suitability to work alongside others in a research team.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, tax free stipend & Additional programme costs
Subject Eligibility: Medical, Scientific and Technical disciplines
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Edinburgh PhD Research Projects Scholarship;
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for Doctoral research program in Medical, Scientific and Technical disciplines offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Edinburgh, UK
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Edinburgh’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for University of Edinburgh PhD Research Projects Scholarship
As part of the application process, candidates are required to take admission in a PhD degree programme at the Edinburgh School of Informatics. Thereafter, candidates can proceed to apply through the University’s admissions portal (EUCLID).
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020