University of Cambridge International PhD Research Scholarship: University of Cambridge is offering a research scholarship for international PhD students on the topic: High-order chromatin structure and oncogenic stress. This project is funded by a Cancer Research UK studentship that includes full funding for University and College fees and a stipend of £19,000 per annum.
A research programmes and gaining a studentship in the Institute is an excellent opportunity to start a research career in an environment committed to training outstanding cancer research scientists of the future. Applications are invited from recent graduates or final year undergraduates who hold or expect to gain a first/upper second class degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject from any recognised university worldwide.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Cambridge, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Cambridge, UK
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Full funding fees and a stipend of £19,000 per annum
Subject Eligibility: Computational biologist
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Cambridge International PhD Research Scholarship;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for PhD research program offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Macquarie University, Australia, Australia
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Cambridge’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for University of Cambridge International PhD Research Scholarship
All applications need to be made using the University Applicant Portal. Please visit: https://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/directory/cvcrpdmsc for further information about the course and to access the applicant portal.
To complete your on-line application, you need to provide the following:
Reference Request: The names and contact details of two academic referees who have agreed to act on your behalf.
Research: If you wish to be considered for more than one studentship, please enter the names of all of the supervisors you wish to consider your application in the ‘Research summary’ text box. If you only wish your application to be considered by a single supervisor, then please enter their name in the ‘Research Supervisor’ text box. Please describe your past ‘Research experience’ in the appropriate text box.
Course Specific Questions: Your statement of interest (limit of 2,500 characters) should explain why you wish to be considered for the studentship and which qualities and experience you will bring to the role. Please also state how you learned of the studentship.
Please upload your CV (PDF file), which should include a list of the examinations taken at undergraduate level and if possible, your examination results.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2020