University of British Columbia Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship 2021-22: As part of its on-going commitment to innovation and research, Rio Tinto offers an $18,000 graduate scholarship for a UBC graduate student in a field of pure or applied science related to Rio Tinto’s activities in mining.
Domestic and international students who meet the eligibility criteria (below) are invited to apply for the scholarships to study at the University of British Columbia, Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The University of British Columbia
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): University of British Columbia, Canada
Scholarship Worth: $18,000
Number of Awards: Not stated
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Nationality: Domestic and International Students
- International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London 2021/2022 (100 slots available)
- Cambridge University MBA Scholarships 2022 for International Students
- Monash International Leadership Scholarship Australia, 2021/2022 (Full Fee Scholarship)
- DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2022 for PPPG (Fully Funded Master’s Scholarships)
- Trine University International Awards – USA 2021
- University of Western Ontario International Scholarships – Canada 2021/2022
- McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships – Canada 2021
- Marconi International University Scholarships – USA 2021
- University of Liverpool International Excellence Scholarships – UK
- University of Adelaide Student Emergency International Awards – USA
University of British Columbia Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship | ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible, applicants must be enrolled or accepted in a first year Master’s or first or second year Doctoral studies in 2020-2021 academic year. The scholarship is non-renewable and students who received the scholarship in the past are not eligible to apply again.
Eligible Research Areas:
- Aluminum metallurgy
- Electrolysis of molten salts
- Science of the environment
- Analytical technologies
- Modeling and control systems
- Data Science
The programme’s selection committee will consider any research projects in these areas.
- How-to-Apply: Applicants submit their application package to their graduate program. Applicants must be enrolled or accepted in a full-time study program for a graduate degree. You need to see detailed application procedures at the official webpage (link below)
- Application Documents: This should include; Cover letter listing: Proof of enrollment or acceptance; official academic records; Two letters of recommendation and Up to date CV (no page limit)
- Application Deadline: Varies (Applicants must check with their graduate program regarding their program’s internal application deadline).
Share to a friend who needs this