United Nations Internships are open to foreign students all over the world. The whole world relies on the United Nations (UN) for resolutions to complex issues. The 40,000 workforce to uphold global peace and security, cultivate friendly relations among countries and promote social advancement, better living standards and human rights.
To be operational in resolving the world’s problems, the United Nations needs a diverse personnel contributing to these solutions. The Office of Human Resources nurtures a dynamic, adaptable, mobile personnel, with the utmost level of capability and integrity, to efficiently and competently serve the directives of the organization.
The UN provides a thrilling diverse and inclusive place of work. This internship offers an exceptional opportunity to work with coworkers of various background to solve a range of problems. We are looking for an energetic, responsible intern to join the organization. If you are chosen, you will join a global intern group and make an actual impact by working on challenging and rewarding projects.
- Institution(s): United Nations
- Location: All world countries
- Areas of Focused: Visit here to see all available areas
- Internship Duration of: 2 to 6 months
- Deadline Internship: See the deadline here
Benefits of United Nations Internships
Beneficiaries of United Nations Internships will be offered certificate and exciting experience to work with the United Nations office.
Eligibility for United Nations Internships
To be eligible for United Nations Internships, candidates must satisfy the conditions below:
- Required Languages: English and French. For this position eloquence in English is necessary, knowledge of another UN official language is an plus.
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- Professionalism: Shows seriousness in work and in accomplishments; shows professional skill and mastery of subject matter; is thorough and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks audibly and writes effectively and clearly; listens to others, appropriately interprets messages from others and responds correctly; asks questions to elucidate and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops serious goals that are constant with agreed strategies; recognizes priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; forecasts risks and allows for unforeseen event when planning; observers and adjusts plans and actions as required; uses time resourcefully.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps in touch of available technology; comprehends applicability and constraint of technology to the work of the office; keenly seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows readiness to learn new technology.
To be eligible for an internship, the following conditions must be met:
- Candidates at the time of application must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program.
- Be registered in the final academic year of a first university degree program.
- Have graduated with a university degree.
- If doing their studies in nations where higher education is not separated into undergraduate and graduate stages, have accomplished at least four years of full time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree in journalism, human development communications, sociology, psychology, disability inclusion, international relations, human resources or related field;
- Be literate in Microsoft Word and Excel or similar and proficient in standard office automation equipment scanner, printer, etc.
- Have shown keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter.
- Have a shown ability to successfully network with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include readiness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
How to Apply for United Nations Internships
To avail United Nations Internships, please follow the following guidelines:
- Generate an account on the United Nations Portal from here.
- Fill in your profile.
- Search for the internship and apply for it.
To inquire further about United Nations Internships, please visit the Official Web.