You are interested in studying in Canada, Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships invites applications from international students who want to pursue PhD degree at Canadian Universities for academic year 2022/2023. Applicants are always assessed based on their academic achievement, which must be on par with the highest standards of the world’s most reputable PhD scholarship programs. Future applicants must also show an ability to engage in lively exchange with other researchers and scholars, and have an expressed desire to contribute to public dialogue.
Worth of Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships for International Students
- The annual value of this scholarship is up to $60,000 which includes an annual travel allowance of $20,000 per candidate for a maximum of three years.
- The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships supports interdisciplinary research and original fieldwork by providing an huge yearly allowance for research and travel, enabling each candidate to gain first-hand contact with the various communities that can improve their studies.
- Each candidate is paired with a different Trudeau Mentor selected by the Foundation among the most notable Canadian practitioners in all sectors of public life.
- The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships also offers the opportunity to interact with an extraordinary community of leaders and committed individuals in every field of the social sciences and humanities, to take part in events organized by the Foundation and to hold their own workshops, through available financial support.
Eligibility for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships for International Students
- To be qualified for the scholarship, the required language is English.
- All world countries are qualified for this scholarship.
- To be qualified, you must be already accepted into or in year one, two, or three of a full-time doctoral program in the humanities or social sciences (broadly defined).
- Your doctoral work must also relate to at least one of the Foundation’s four central themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Canada and the World, Responsible Citizenship, People and their Natural Environment
- Canadian citizens are also qualified whether they are at a Canadian or an international institution. Non-Canadians (permanent residents or foreign nationals) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution are qualified.
How to Apply for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships for International Students
- You should be enlightened about your university’s internal selection process deadlines as each university has a different internal deadline, so make sure that you apply on time.
- When the competition opens, endeavor to register for an account on the Foundation’s application portal. You will receive a username and password by email within 4 business days of registering (endeavor to check your spam folder if you do not see it). If you already have an account from a former scholarship competition, you can login using your existing login credentials or request a password reset.
- Once you log in, you can apply by completing the application form in the “Ébauche / Draft” section of the portal. You should also fill out your contact information in the “Coordonnées / Contacts” section of the portal.
- As you fill out the application form, you will be asked to enter the name and email address of your two referees in the box provided. An email will automatically be sent to the referees, asking them to upload their reference letter in PDF format directly to our portal. We strongly advise that you follow up with your references to make sure they submit on time.
- You can now upload transcripts covering all of your post-secondary education in one PDF document. Any applicant who attended CEGEP in Quebec should not include their CEGEP transcripts.
- Please try to inform the awards officer responsible for the PETF Scholarship competition at your university to let them know you’ve applied. This will ensure that your application will be included in your university’s selection process.
- The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships is asking all candidate to apply directly to via its application platform. Universities are not expected to nominate their preferred candidates.
Application Deadline for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarships for International Students
The application deadline for this scholarship is December 21, 2021.
Official Website: Click Here