Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Jumia Partner Manager, Appliances / Electronics – Jumia
Location: Lagos, Ngeria
Job type: Full Time
Department: Commercial – Seller Management – Sales Teams
- As SJPM, you will have the end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of the category that has been assigned to you; your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including vendors and brands.
In particular you will:
- Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation
- Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs.
- Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategy , working with marketing teams to improve product content and visibility; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability , reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant professional experience within an e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management role
- Experience working with top computing brands and scaling new businesses
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online