Suffering from arthritis is usually associated with some pains and tenderness. Arthritis is a condition known as joint inflammation with symptoms such as pain, swelling, stiffness, and reduced range of motion that makes performing certain tasks difficult, and most of these symptoms can intensify with age. Fortunately, you can treat and alleviate your discomfort with some natural home remedies. One of the best ways to calm the pain is by eating a healthy diet of non-inflammatory foods.
Arthritis is a popular common health condition with millions of recorded cases being reported in the US every year. The condition manifests by swelling and tenderness around the joints which mostly get worse by age. The two most common types of the disease are rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Meanwhile, there are more than 100 types which include rheumatic fever, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), gout, fibromyalgia, system lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, tendinitis, and back pain.
If you notice that you suffer arthritis, it is always important to speak up with a professional healthcare to help carry out the necessary diagnosis. Aside medications, physical therapy, lifestyle changes, and potentially joint surgery can actually make a great impact on how severely you experience arthritis symptoms.
FOODS TO AVOID WHEN COPING WITH ARTHRITIS PAIN
1. High sodium freezer meals: One of the most common treatments for inflammation is corticosteroids and medical professionals often prescribe them for patients who have rheumatoid arthritis. These corticosteroids can make the body to retain more salt. According to research, the regular intake of excess sodium can contribute to inflammation in the body. It is advisable that you limit the consumption of sodium to 1,500 milligrams.
2. Polyunsaturated cooking oils: Are you among the people that cook with corn, soybean, canola, safflower, and sunflower oils? You should be aware that these oils are commonly used in restaurants and at home which are high in omega-6 fatty acids but low in omega 3s. This imbalance can cause inflammation and lead to arthritic symptoms.
3. White Rice: Some refined carbohydrates such as white rice can make the blood sugar to spike which can increase markers for inflammation in the body. White rice lacks the nutrients that your body needs to function properly. Instead, you should go for whole grains such as brown rice, whole-grain barley, whole-weat couscous, freekeh, buckwheat, rye, whole oats, bulgur, and quinoa.
4. Soda: A research study found that just one sugary soda a day increased the risk for rheumatoid arthritis by 63%. In most cases, sugar connects back to inflammation in the body, and most sodas sweetened with sugar link to an increase in arthritic symptoms in women. This implies that most sodas have a high sugar content that exceedingly surpasses the recommended daily amount.
5. Pretzels: Pretzels are an all-time favorite snack but some research studies have linked a sub-optimal microbiome to inflammation. They are a form of refined grains, and healthy microbiomes do not like these grains. Healthy guts prefer whole foods that are rich in fiber such as pistachios, chickpeas, quinoa, fruit, and oatmeal.
6. Sugar fruit juice: If sugary sodas aren’t healthy for you, then it implies that sugary fruits are not meant for you. This is because fruit juices have a high sugar content which is a key driver for inflammation. Also, chronic pain and fibromyalgia are substantially affected by the microglial activation and central sensitization process.
7. Ice cream: There are some saturated fats and added sugars that are found in ice cream which is the perfect mixture for inflammation. A great factor in inducing inflammation is saturated fats and it is advisable to always cut out any diary in your diet if you experiment that it is affecting you.
8. Margarine: Talking about trans fats, w shouldn’t joke with margarine too. Margarine is typically made from trans fats which are associated with heart disease, cancer, and inflammation. This group of foods usually includes vegetable oils, which passes through a hydrogenation process that changes its chemical properties.
9. Fried foods: It is medically recommended that you need to stay away from fried foods. It is because fried foods are mostly fried in oils which are rich in omega-6 fatty acids and disturbs the balance of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in the body. This addition to one’s diet can lead to the occurrence of more inflammation and hence worse arthritis.
10. White flour: According to a research study found in The Journal of Nutrition, white flour is a huge driver for inflammation. It can emphasize omega-3 fatty acid deficiency in the body which significantly improves inflammation in the joints by subduing prostaglandin E3. In most cases, omega-3s are important for avoiding diabetes and heart diseases, protecting the brain, and fighting against inflammation.
Note: As a lot of people are becoming more aware about their health, it is necessary to focus on the food we eat. Everything that we ingest definitely affects you and your body, whether it is positive or otherwise.
Inflammation is a common symptom of numerous diseases and the severity of pain caused by inflammation depends on different factors, and the lifestyle choices we make are one of the largest contributors. For us to fight against chronic pain and inflammation, we need to avoid foods that are high in sodium, sugar, or trans fats. Instead, you should go for whole fiber-rich foods such as whole oats, fruits, and organic meats.
https://www.eatthis. com /worst-foods-arthritis/\
Share to a friend who needs this