Most people end up with banana peels by throwing it into the bin. People aren’t aware of several benefits and various miraculous uses for this frequently-overlooked product. In the real sense, bananas are a delicious and healthy food which contains fiber, essential nutrients such as potassium, and antioxidants such as vitamin C.
A lot of people discard the peel when eating banana while there are several underlying benefits of the peels. You can use it in your kitchen as a cleaning product or in your beauty routine and several other ways.
Here are some of the effective benefits/ways to make use of banana peels:
1. It can help reduce acne: The nutrients present in banana peels can effectively calm inflamed skin and reduce acne outbreaks. Also, there is presence of lutein and carotenoids in banana peels which are fat-soluble compounds that assist fight inflammation and acne breakouts. You only need to rub the banana peel over your skin and let it stay there for 5 or 10 minutes. Rinse your skin and repeat twice daily.
2. It can also reduce wrinkles: People have facial wrinkles when the skin loses its elasticity and firmness. The antioxidants and vitamin C in bananas can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Just rub the banana peels around the affected area and let it stay there for 30minutes or overnight. Wash your face and moisturize. Repeat this process three times a week.
3. It can polish your silver: You can use banana peels to polish your silver in case it begins to lose its luster or start to tarnish. There are some substances inside a banana peels such as potassium which can help clean metal objects. Take the banana peels and place them in a blender. Add half a cup of water to the mix and mix it thoroughly to form a paste. Rub your silver with the paste for a few minutes.
4. It can remove splinters: A banana peel is rich in enzymes and these enzymes have a pulling action that will draw the foreign subject to the surface of the skin which will make it much easier to grab the splinter or silver or glass with a pair of tweezers. You can just apply a ripe banana peel to the affected area of the skin and let it stay there for 15minutes. Then remove gently without rubbing it on the skin and then remove the splinter.
5. It can whiten the teeth: Ripe banana peels are very rich in potassium which can help reduce yellow stains that appear as a result of the consumption of some particular beverages such as coffee and tea and some foods such as blueberries and raspberries. Just brush your teeth and rinse it very well. Take the inside of the banana peel and rub it on your teeth for two minutes. Rinse your teeth again and repeat it daily.
Share to a friend who needs this