See why you need to do planks everyday
In the course of maintaining your good health, always try and engage in more fitness exercise in accordance with your strength and capacity. We all know that body weight exercises are getting ubiquitous in the fitness terrain because of how it is been practised and its simplicity of getting in shape using your own body weight. Truth be told, planks are one form of body weight exercises that will never go obsolete in anytime soon.
Planks are one of the most effective and simple exercises you can easily do at home. It does not require much time and effort, and you won’t have to wait long for tangible results. It is very easy and costless. While many people still hold the opinion that to be healthy and firm, you require to spend money on gym or other exercise facilities, planks has changed the narrative by making it possible without spending money on fitness. The plank is a simple but full-body workout that can be done at home and effectively reshapes the body.
During the process of planking, you are holding yourself up through your arms and biceps and so by holding a planking position, your arm muscles are being toned and developed. Making planking a great alternative exercise to other forms of bicep developing exercises.
The main purpose of doing planks includes:
- It helps to strengthen body muscles:This exercises are quite simple and very easy to do as it is mostly used to strengthen the core muscles. It involve all the major groups of core muscles including transverse, straight, and oblique abdominal muscles and the buttocks. One interesting aspect of this exercise is that it doesn’t cause any back strain or unnecessary extension of the spine. Your back remains in its natural position as you do the exercise and get it more flexible. Planks helps to improve the overall body strength.
- It helps to reduce your risk of injury in the back and spinal column: One of the importance of this exercise is that it allows you to strengthen muscles without unnecessary strain on the spine. When you perform this exercise regularly, you are liable to significantly reduces your back pain and provides strong support of the spine, especially its upper part. Planks enable you to build muscle without necessarily put much pressure on your spine.
- It enhance metabolism improvement: When you engage in planks daily, you’re certainly burning away calories which in fact makes you to maintain your good health and chase away unwanted stress. By the time you go through this exercise, you will be able to strengthen your muscles which will help you wipe off some energy. Certainly, this exercise is very pivotal for those that spent much time sitting down at office or with their computer as it enable you to provide an enhanced metabolic rate. This will also ensure that that metabolic rate remains high all day long (even at night when asleep) and your body won’t be able to store calories in form of fat anymore.
- It causes posture improvement: We all know that good posture keeps your bones and joins in the correct position which shows that both of your bones and joints will be better maintained and more healthy and you will feel less back pain. Meanwhile, planks can help you maintain good health and have fantastic posture. So since planks work mostly on your core which is tantamount to the saying that they work basically on the entire body, right from your pelvic girdle to your shoulder girdle as well as your legs. It strengthens your spine, your rhomboids and trapezius, and your abdominal muscles, which naturally result in a strong posture as they grow in strength. Therefore, by the time you do the exercise consistently, you will realize it has help you boost the body balance and get you a good posture.
- Your overall balance will improve: Let’s ask, what happened to you when you decided to stand on one leg? Like, do you really stay comfortable doing that or it only lasted for some seconds or how firm were you able to do that? If you have ever tried it and couldn’t stay long, it’s because of nothing except the fact that your abdominal muscles are weak hence didn’t give you the necessary balance you need. With the aid of doing planks, you will be able to improve your balance and assist you in other sporting activity too.
How To Lose 6 Pounds In 2 Days. A Drink That Burns Fat
Ultra Clean Premium Detox
Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy
Ultra Clean Premium Detox
How To Avoid A Heart Attack (Do This 3 Times A Day)
1 Cup Of This Daily Burns 5 Kg Of Fat In 1 Week! Try Tonight!
Express Fat Burner
- Your flexibility improves: Exercise is very resourceful because it helps ones to remain flexible and nimble for longer. Indeed, it is a good way to keep the body free from aches, pains or injures that can come up when you’re not healthy. So doing this exercise enable you to stretch the muscles around the shoulders and collarbones. Biceps and hip muscles also develop, and the feet and toes become flexible. This means that planks make your posterior muscle groups such as glutes and other muscle groups in the back of your body much more flexible. Those muscles include the one around your shoulders and your collarbone area, and your shoulder blades themselves.
- It improves your mental state: Planks have significant impact in our nerves which makes them to improve the mood. This is because they help to increase or expand the muscle groups that usually add to stress and tension in the body. This shows that planks directly affects our nervous system. Planks help to get rid of anxiety and symptoms of depression, only when you’re able to be consistent in doing the exercise.
- Planks gives good mood and state of mind: Planks is very relevant to the state of mind as it helps to improve the your mood anytime you engage in it. This means we need to know that planks can really help you build up good time and give your a fulfilling spirit to do things you might be afraid of. How? When you sit too much, you might experience neck or back pains and it can lead to a serious form of anxiety. And when you are having a lot of stress and disturb going through your mind, you’re liable to undergo psychosomatic response (a physical response caused by a mental process) which could cause your muscles to tense up. With that, you start to be weak and have poor mood. All these could be eliminated with the aid of plank exercise. This means that planks helps to reduce anxiety and depression.
How to do prank:
If you want to do a front plank, you first need to make yourself lie down like you want to do a push up then rise to the top of the position in a way that your back is completely straight and hold the position here, after that, make sure your elbows are directly under your shoulders, then line your wrists up with your elbows. So, push your body upwards, and keep your chin tight(ish) to your neck. There should be a bit of space, perhaps a couple issues.
It is advisable for beginners to spend at least 30seconds doing this but if you so wish to do a forearm plank, whereby you will have to rest your weight on your forearms instead of your palms, allowing you to hold the position for much longer. The steps are thus:
– Make sure you keep your chest and abs taut for the duration of your plank.
– Keep your thighs activated – this is another important part to maintaining balance during a plank.
Your body should look like a straight line (save for natural contours) for the duration of your plank.
– Rest for a minute or so between planks, and repeat the exercise at least three times.
How to improve your ability in doing prank:
- You can start practising it with easier variation.
- Try and do it on daily basis.
- Always perform other forms of exercise too.
ALSO READ:- See why people with anxiety perceive the world differently
This prank exercise is a very good and easy way to make the body more tough and firm up the core muscles. It’s important that you practice the style during your regular gym or home workouts so as to get the best out of your exercise session.