See The Health Benefits Of Drinking Golden Milk Every Night Before Bed And How to Make It
We all wish to have good drinks before setting to bed, for refreshing and fun. It is always exciting to have a good meal at dinner and sound night rest. However, when you are faced with indigestion, heartburn or acid reflux, it might be due to this delicious meal. Although, there are many products at market that can treat digestive issues, it is also possible with the aid of natural drink which we shall be discussing in this article.
According to Jаcksоn Siеgеlbаum Gаstrоеntеrоlоgy, pеоplе with GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) should аvоid thе fоllоwing fооds, drinks, аnd lifеstylе hаbits:
· cаffеinаtеd sоft drinks
· spicy оr аcidic fооds
· tоbаccо аnd nicоtinе prоducts
· fаtty оr friеd fооds
· chеwing gum аnd hаrd cаndy
· citrus fruits such аs grаpеfruit, оrаngеs, аnd pinеаpplе
· crеаmеd vеggiеs оr sоups
· fаst fооds
· prоcеssеd mеаts
· lаtе night snаcks аnd lying dоwn immеdiаtеly аftеr thе mеаl
· lаrgе mеаls thrоughоut thе dаy
Although, this might seems not easy to do away with but it all depends on how often you take those foods. With that, a better alternative is when yоur diеt is rich in fruits аnd vеgеtаblеs whilst lоw in thе аbоvе listеd fооds.
It is therefore important to note a sweet bedtime drink that can help you do away with those unpleasant symptoms of GERD and give you a wonderful morning full of refreshment and energies. The drink is Golden Milk which can also be referred to Tumeric Milk that is from India and now acceptable across Western countries. It is a bright yellow beverage that is traditionally made by warming up cow’s or plant-based milk with turmeric and other spices, such as cinnamon and ginger. The benefits of this drink is numerous and hence the main reason why it is called “spice of life”.
What you only need in making this spice is just few common ingredients like turmeric, ginger, coconut milk, honey, and black pepper. By doing so, you have successfully improved your body digestion and reducing what could cause acid reflux. All the ingredients in this drink possess great medicinal importance to the body, when combined, its benefit become numerous. That is why it is widely accepted for its many health benefits and often used as an alternative remedy to boost immunity and stave off illness.
Some of the benefits of golden milk include:
1. The major ingredients are loaded with antioxidants: Tumeric is the major ingredient in golden drink. It possesses curcumin which is very useful in ayurvedic medicine for many years due to its antioxidants components. Antioxidants are compounds that fight cell damage, protecting your body from oxidative stress. This shows that Golden milk is rich in antioxidants, which help protect cells from damage, fight off disease and infections and contribute to your overall health.
2. It reduces inflammation and joint pain: Golden milk possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It is reported that some of the ingredients in golden milk such as curcumin, ginger and cinnamon have strong anti-inflammatory properties that are likely to those of some pharmaceutical drugs without side effects.
3. It helps the brain to function well: One major importance of golden milk is that it helps to improve memory and brain function. Some ingredients in golden milk such as ginger, cinnamon and curcumin may help preserve memory and reduce the decline in brain function from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
4. It protect against heart disease: The rate at which heart disease killed these days is alarming, it has been a very serious situation that calls for attention. Golden drink has been a great spice to assist against this disease. Turmeric, ginger and cinnamon which are the majot ingredients in golden milk have been recorded to have properties that may benefit heart function and protect against heart disease.
5. It helps to lower blood sugar level in the body: Since insulin-resistant cells are less able to take up sugar from your blood, so lowering insulin resistance generally lowers blood sugar levels. Therefore, golden milk is known to be very essential in assisting the body by lowering blood sugar level due to its components such as cinnamon and ginger that can help lower blood sugar level and improve insulin sensitivity.
6. Golden milk can reduce the risk of cancer: some ingredients of this drink such as cinnamon, ginger and turmeric are known to be active in protecting the body against cancer. Although, more research on the subject matter.
Other benefits of golden milk are:
i. Helps to detoxify the liver
ii. Boost blood circulation while also thinning the blood
iii. Soothes the digestive tract and prevents ulcers
iv. Reduces pain and fevers and many more.
How to make Golden milk:
Golden milk is very easy to make at your home. For a single serving of golden milk or about one cup, you only need to follow this recipe:
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of an unsweetened milk of your choice
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 small piece of grated fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)
How to take it:
To make the golden milk, simply mix all ingredients in a small saucepan or pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until fragrant and flavorful. Strain the drink through a fine strainer into mugs and top with a pinch of cinnamon.
Golden milk can also be made in advance and stored in your refrigerator for up to five days. Simply reheat it before drinking.
Note: Make sure you take this drink at least one hour before you go to bed which will enable it to digest a bit before you fall asleep. By the time you wake in the morning, you are full of energy and refreshed.
Originally Published by: powerofpositivity.com
Image Credit:- healthyfoodteam.com