School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship, University of Newcastle is currently open for international students. The scholarship allows PhD level program(s) in the field of Environmental Science taught at University of Newcastle.
The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Renewable Energy Northeast Universities (ReNU) is a collective doctoral training program managed by the Universities of Northumbria, Newcastle and Durham. Additionally to undertaking an individual scientific research project described below at one of the three partner universities, doctoral applicants will engage with added value training opportunities for example in business, innovation and internationalization through a 4-year training program that has been designed to maximize the advantages of a cohort approach to doctoral training.
This scheme will generate a route to photovoltaic devices which can contest with established silicon technology at a fraction of the cost. The proposed solution processed solar cells, can be completely assembled at low temperature, are 1000 times thinner (i.e. lightweight), and are environmentally benign.
A progressively deep research effort over the last decade devoted to lead-based perovskite solar cells has resulted into performances now exceeding that of silicon photovoltaics, but the toxicity of the material limits the potential for commercialization. This project will develop a method to fabricate devices which have the desirable features of perovskite solar cells but are assembled using non-toxic precursors and solvents and avoid the production of toxic waste streams. The key features of the project are to combine materials synthesis using sustainable approaches with solar cell assembly and testing to develop highly efficient but environmentally benign solar cells.
School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Completely Funded
- Study in: University of Newcastle
- Study Level: PhD
- Area of Study: Environmental Science
- Eligible Applicants: International Students
- Location: UK
Degree Level: School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship is available to scholars who want to undertake PhD level programs at University of Newcastle.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
- University of Bayreuth Doctoral Research Scholarship in Germany 2021-2022
- Global Masters Scholarship at University of Birmingham in UK 2021/2022
- University of Nottingham Scholarship in UK 2021/2022
- School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship at University of Newcastle in UK 2021
- University of Western Global Excellence Scholarship – Australia
- University of British Columbia Award for International Students – Canada
- Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships – Canada 2021
- UWE Millennium Scholarship at University of the West of England in UK 2021
- Orange Knowledge Scholarship in The Netherlands 2021
- Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship at University of Sussex in UK 2021
- Charles Darwin University Scholarships in Australia 2022
- United Nations Internships 2021
- University Canada West Scholarships in Canada 2021
- University of Stirling Scholarship in UK 2021/2022
- University of Brighton Scholarships in UK 2022
Available Subjects: Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Environmental Science
School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship – Benefits
Beneficiaries of School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The funding covers entire fees and a yearly living stipend of £15,609 (2021/22 UKRI rate).
- School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship also covers additional funding for research expenses and local, national, and international travel (conferences and exchanges).
Eligibility for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship
To be eligible for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- International students are qualified to apply for the School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree.
- Candidates must have to register in the PhD degree program.
How to Apply for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship
To apply for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants have to apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system by generating an account
- Supporting Documents: A transcript of your degree studies.
- Certificates to prove your degree or highest qualification – if your degree is complete.
- Proof of your English language ability.
- A copy of your passport.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A research proposal for research program
- Admission Requirements: The candidate is expected to have a 1st class honors degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related subject
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must have an overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in each sub-skill. Equivalent English language qualifications may be accepted.
The scholarship allows PhD level program(s) in the field of Environmental Science taught at University of Newcastle.