School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship, University of Newcastle is currently open for international students. The scholarship allows PhD level program(s) in the field of Environmental Science taught at University of Newcastle.
The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Renewable Energy Northeast Universities (ReNU) is a collective doctoral training program managed by the Universities of Northumbria, Newcastle and Durham. Additionally to undertaking an individual scientific research project described below at one of the three partner universities, doctoral applicants will engage with added value training opportunities for example in business, innovation and internationalization through a 4-year training program that has been designed to maximize the advantages of a cohort approach to doctoral training.
This scheme will generate a route to photovoltaic devices which can contest with established silicon technology at a fraction of the cost. The proposed solution processed solar cells, can be completely assembled at low temperature, are 1000 times thinner (i.e. lightweight), and are environmentally benign.
A progressively deep research effort over the last decade devoted to lead-based perovskite solar cells has resulted into performances now exceeding that of silicon photovoltaics, but the toxicity of the material limits the potential for commercialization. This project will develop a method to fabricate devices which have the desirable features of perovskite solar cells but are assembled using non-toxic precursors and solvents and avoid the production of toxic waste streams. The key features of the project are to combine materials synthesis using sustainable approaches with solar cell assembly and testing to develop highly efficient but environmentally benign solar cells.
School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Completely Funded
- Study in: University of Newcastle
- Study Level: PhD
- Area of Study: Environmental Science
- Eligible Applicants: International Students
- Location: UK
Degree Level: School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship is available to scholars who want to undertake PhD level programs at University of Newcastle.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
- Geoff Boyes Scholarship at Ryerson University in Canada 2021
- Polytechnique Montréal Scholarship in Canada 2021
- Lester B. Pearson International Students Scholarship at University of Toronto 2021
- University of Reading EU Bursary – UK
- Indiana University Fellowship in USA 2021/2022
- Drama Series Playwright Competition at Yale University in USA 2022
- Boston University Trustee Scholarship in USA 2021/2022
- Full Awards for International Students at Vistula University, Poland 2021
- KAAD Scholarships Program in Germany 2021-2022
- DAAD MIPLC Scholarship Program in Germany 2022/2023
- Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2021/22
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship in Germany 2021
- Watson Institute/Ford Fund Fellowship 2021 for Social Entrepreneurs
- Lancaster University Scholarship Awards in Ghana 2021
- Babson College International Presidential Awards in USA 2021
Available Subjects: Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Environmental Science
School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship – Benefits
Beneficiaries of School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The funding covers entire fees and a yearly living stipend of £15,609 (2021/22 UKRI rate).
- School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship also covers additional funding for research expenses and local, national, and international travel (conferences and exchanges).
Eligibility for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship
To be eligible for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- International students are qualified to apply for the School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree.
- Candidates must have to register in the PhD degree program.
How to Apply for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship
To apply for School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants have to apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system by generating an account
- Supporting Documents: A transcript of your degree studies.
- Certificates to prove your degree or highest qualification – if your degree is complete.
- Proof of your English language ability.
- A copy of your passport.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A research proposal for research program
- Admission Requirements: The candidate is expected to have a 1st class honors degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related subject
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must have an overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in each sub-skill. Equivalent English language qualifications may be accepted.
The scholarship allows PhD level program(s) in the field of Environmental Science taught at University of Newcastle.