University of Manchester Scholarship is currently open for submission of applications. The University of Manchester will be awarding Manchester Equity & Merit scholarships to selected master’s courses to applicants from Ethiopia.
Every year, the University of Manchester awards Equity and Merit Scholarships to academically outstanding students from Sub-Saharan Africa who have the prospects to make a noteworthy contribution to viable development in their countries. All over the world, nations face numerous developmental issues, and their brightest young minds have the capacity and the will to make a difference. Our Equity and Merit Program helps them to do this.
Every postgraduate course has been created with the precise conditions of these nations in mind and endeavors to fill the skills gaps that exist there, from power engineering to global urban development. The funding opportunity empowers budding professionals from the Global South to address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, and advance themselves and their wider society. The grants are jointly financed by the University and its benefactors. The University finances students’ tuition fees in full and the generosity of our sponsors pays for students’ living costs, flights to the UK, and visas.
The scholarship awards are envisioned for individuals who couldn’t afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship. We are dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity and all submissions are considered based on their merit. We specifically encourage women to apply. The 2 scholarships are:
- One-year, full-time, on-campus master’s.
- Part-time distance learning master’s (3 to 5 years’ duration).
Award Type: Masters
Application Closing Date: 31st August, 2021 at 5pm GMT
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia
Award Location: UK
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility University of Manchester Scholarship
To be eligible for University of Manchester Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Talented individuals, particularly from underprivileged backgrounds are qualified to apply.
- Applicants must be resident citizens of Ethiopia, Rwanda, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda or Zimbabwe, and have not formerly studied outside Africa (training of 6 months or less will not be acknowledged).
- Applicants have at least 2 years of expert experience related to their selected field of study (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (you must have graduated before September 2020) with total excellent grade. The grants are for academically exceptional students and typically this implies that you are in the top 10% of your class.
- Applicants should be planning to get back home and able to exhibit the potential to make a positive influence on the future of your home country.
- Applicants should have a defined idea of how studying with Manchester will profit both their career and the wider community.
Number of Awards: 30 (20 for full-time study and 10 for online study)
Benefits of University of Manchester Scholarship
Beneficiaries of University of Manchester Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- It cover complete tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the funding includes return international airfares, living costs and visas.
English Language Requirements:
- No IELTS or TOFEL test result needed. Nevertheless, if you are selected for an interview then you will be expected to take an approved English test.
- Each master’s program has its own prerequisite in terms of English test scores. Please refer to the course profiles for further details.
- Mostly, you will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5) or TOEFL 90 (with no sub-test less than 22) to be awarded a scholarship.
- There will be no exemptions to applicants who have studied in English and we don’t accept a certificate of English language proficiency from your university.
Award Duration: Duration of applicant’s chosen course
How to Apply for University of Manchester Scholarship
To apply for University of Manchester Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Provide degree certificates and transcripts displaying courses taken and grades attained.
- Provide proof of your English language ability as specified above.
- Provide two up-to-date signed references. It is compulsory to have at least one academic reference to help us determine your ability to complete a master’s at The University of Manchester.
- Visit here to apply now for our Equity and Merit Scholarships.
To inquire further about University of Manchester Scholarship, please visit the official website.
NB: Note that there is a distinct separation between the process of granting the scholarships and our admissions process. Scholarships are granted completely on merit. It is not compulsory to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no benefit or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are chosen for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted for the course of your choice.