Rotary International is taking applications from qualified candidates for the 2022-23 Rotary Peace Fellowship program offered by the Rotary Peace Center. Every year, Rotary finances some of the world’s most devoted and brightest professionals to school at Rotary Peace Centers.
Via academic training, practice, and international networking chances, the Rotary Peace Centers program grows leaders who turn out to be catalysts for peace and conflict avoidance and resolution. Every year, the Rotary Foundation grants up to 50 Rotary Peace Fellowship awards for master’s degree programs and 50 for certificate studies at premier universities around the world.
- Master’s degree courses: Last 15 to 24 months and need a practical internship of two to three months for the duration of the academic break.
- Professional growth certificate program: For experienced specialists and lasts three months with two to three weeks of field study.
Worth of Rotary Peace Fellowship
These Rotary Peace Fellowship awards provide tuition and fees, room and board, to and fro transportation, and all internship and field-study costs.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility for Rotary Peace Fellowship
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University, United States: Fellows can obtain either a Master in International Development Policy from Duke University or a master’s degree program in different departments from the University of North Carolina. Furthermore, Fellows at both Duke University and UNC can obtain a graduate certificate in global peace and conflict resolution from the University of North Carolina.
- International Christian University in Tokyo, Japan: The Department of Public Policy and Social Research provide master’s degree programs in the social sciences, natural sciences, and cross-disciplinary programs. Fellowship beneficiaries may not school at a Rotary Peace Center in their home nation, with the exemption of applicants from Thailand, who may go to the centre at Chulalongkorn University.
- University of Bradford, Bradford, England: The Department of Peace Studies at Bradford is the biggest globally and provides several master’s degree programs.
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia: Fellows obtain a master’s degree program in global studies and peace and conflict studies in the Graduate Centre of Governance and International Affairs.
- Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden: The Department of Peace and Conflict Research provides a master’s degree program in social science. It is globally famous for its free and internationally accessible collection of data linked to conflict.
- Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand: The professional growth certificate is granted to experienced professionals who finish the school’s comprehensive three-month program in peace and conflict avoidance and resolution.
Candidates for the Rotary Peace Fellowship program have to also meet the following conditions:
- Adeptness in English; adeptness in a second language is highly recommended
- Strong devotion to global understanding and peace as displayed through professional and academic accomplishment and personal or community service
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree candidates: minimum of three years of applicable full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree program
- Certificate candidates: at least five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong educational background
How to Apply for Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Read the application instructions and check the eligibility criteria and restrictions.
- Research the syllabus and courses at each of the Rotary Peace Centers. You will be required to rank two centres you desire.
- Get ready your application, comprising your essays, resume/CV, academic or professional recommendations, academic transcripts, and test scores. All materials have to be in English. For certificate applicants, transcripts and scores are not required.
- Prior to any interviews, hand in your online application to your district by the closing date.
- Have an interview with district representatives. Districts are required to submit recommendations to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
- Wait for notice of the selection outcome in November. If you are selected for a Rotary Peace Fellowship, you will be informed at which Peace Center you will school.
- Put in for admission to the school where your Peace Center is situated. Being chosen for the fellowship program does not mean you have been granted admission to the university.
Applications end on May 15, 2021.