Registered Care Manager – Children’s Home
Location: Godstone, Surrey RH9
Sector: Residential Children’s Homes
Salary:£35,000-£ 40,000pa + competitive rewards package
Job Type: Full Time
- Have you got experience working with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties in a residential setting and in a managerial capacity?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on service provision in this sector and to know that your views and opinions matter?
- Would you like to work with a small, independent and personable company who will recognise your contribution with an extremely competitive salary and generous rewards package?
We are currently recruiting for a Children’s Registered Home Manager for a brand-new mixed sex service providing care to 8 children within the Godstone, Surrey area.
With this position we can also offer on-site accommodation if required on our beautiful grounds.
The Person needs:
- The desire to make a difference in the sector
- An ability to work autonomously with diligence, consistency and cheer
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A passion and energy for delivering quality care
- Strong leadership qualities and a desire to lead by example
- The skills to deal effectively with crises and emergencies
- To meet the needs of and promote the development of the children.
- Establish and monitor high quality standards of care in line with the Children’s Homes regulations
- Work in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- Have experience and knowledge of the OFSTED inspection framework
- Develop a confident, competent and consistent staff team and provide leadership and guidance
- Be involved in the recruitment and retention of staff
- To ensure staff are adequately trained, supported and supervised
- To promote the efficient and effective operation of the home
- To contribute to the development and growth of the company
The Essential Experience and Qualifications required:
- At least 5 year’s relevant children’s home experience in a management post for the Registered Managers role
- Significant experience within a managerial capacity
- Experience of managing an effective team
- A level 3 or 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Child Care (or equivalent)
- Evidence of “Good” or “Outstanding” outcomes from Ofsted inspections
- A flexible approach to working hours and provide an on call out of hours service
- Full clean driving license held for at least 2 years.
A competitive annual salary of £35,000 to £40,000 will be offered (depending on experience) for a full time (40 hours per week) and permanent role. A generous rewards package will also be offered to successful candidates.
We will conduct enhanced disclosure checks through the DBS for this role and we will cover this cost. This opportunity is subject to receipt of acceptable references.
This is an amazing opportunity for outstanding Childrens Home Managers or Childrens Home Deputy Managers