Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Job ID: sfh-64654
- This position will support the coordination of field level activities, documentation/information management.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Compile and document/file important program documents such as; agreements, budget utilization reports, DIPs, annual and/or quarterly plans, respective reports from CSO offices and to the donor, communication letters, meeting minutes etc.
- Support the coordination of all project activities in the state in line with the project implementation plan.
- Participate in development, management and review of CSO’s program activities.
- Coordinate the planning of technical workshops and training for capacity building to CSOs and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to the technical team and ensure effective service delivery to OVC and their households.
- Update and manage the activity log and events calendar.
- Assist in managing the Resource Center
- Disseminate formal communications to staff as directed by Line Manager.
- Provide support on programmatic issues and highly involved in the implementation process.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Health-related discipline or the Social Sciences with 2-3 years post- NYSC qualification experience working in a non-governmental organisation.
- A minimum of three (3) years of specialised experience in implementing or providing support to orphans and vulnerable children project, which must be inclusive of least two (2) years’ experience in strengthening service delivery projects; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PEPFAR management and reporting procedures.
- Proven track record working with CSO’s and attending to their needs.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- S/He must be able to write and speak the local language of the state of intervention (Hausa).
Skills and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Good Analytical skills
- Documentation/Information Management skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online