Do you have any interest in the New Zealand work visa for Singaporeans? You will require a visa that allows you to work if you intend to work in New Zealand and are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
Find out everything you need to know about the Singaporean work visa for New Zealand below.
Who needs a visa?
You can apply for a visa to work here temporarily if you:
- Have a job offer from a New Zealand employer;
- are traveling for a reason or event that is specifically related to your work;
- have a partner who is already living in New Zealand and wants to join them;
- are from a country with a special work scheme, or have been studying in New Zealand and wish to work here.
Some work visas may also grant the recipient the ability to remain in the nation permanently and live, study, and work there. You must meet the requirements for the New Zealand workforce in terms of education, training, and experience in order to apply.
Checklist for work visa application for Singaporean
Specific Purpose or Event Category
It is vital to remember that you might be eligible to apply under the Specific purpose of the event category if your intended employment does not fall under any of the work visa categories.
This includes traveling to New Zealand to conduct training or workshops, inspect ships, serve as a tour guide, perform audit work, install or maintain equipment, or conduct system testing.
For some visas kinds, you might also be able to apply online. Through the website www.immigration.govt.nz/, you can use the online visa application service.
You must submit your application to the Singapore-based New Zealand Visa Application Centre (VAC). Visit: to learn more about the VAC. www.vfsglobal.com/newzealand/singapore. In order for your application to be processed quickly, it is crucial that you provide all the pertinent information provided below.
- You can get the application forms from the website: www.immigration.govt.nz/forms.
- Documents written in another language must be translated into English by a translation agency, and both the original document and the translated document must be submitted. Self-translations won’t be taken into account.
- If you provide original documents with your application, make sure a standard photocopy is included as well.
- Each section of each form must be correctly filled and signed. To the question(s) that don’t apply to you, mark N/A.
- An application for a work visa that is entirely completed (INZ 1015)
- Two recent color passport-sized photos that are identical (must be less than six months old)
- Passport(s) in good standing or a certified authentic copy of a passport
- Refer to the Visa fee finder. The Fees are payable in Singapore Dollars, and the fees are NON-REFUNDABLE irrespective of the outcome of the application.
- VAC Service Fee and courier fee (if applicable): refer to www.vfsglobal.com/newzealand/singapore. It is not required that you pay for the return courier fee if the passport is self-collected from the VAC.
- eMedical Information Sheet less than three months old at the time your application is submitted
- Chest X-Ray Certificate (INZ 1096)
- If you are planning to stay in New Zealand for more than six months but less than 12 months
- General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007) and Chest X-Ray Certificate (INZ 1096) if you are planning to stay in New Zealand for more than 12 months
- If you are aged 17 years and above and intend to stay in New Zealand for 24 months or longer original police certificates are required:
- From your country of citizenship,
- From the country in which you have lived for five years or more since the age of 17 years
At the time your application is submitted, police certificates must be less than six months old and valid for 24 months from the date of issue.
Without job offer
- Copy of resume
- A letter from the employer stating:
- Your present job title, pay, length of employment with the company,
- purpose of work, and length of stay in New Zealand.
- Whether your salary (while in New Zealand) will be paid by your employer?
- If your employer will provide any allowances and cover expenditures.
Letter from the New Zealand company stating:
- The name of staff required to be in New Zealand
- the purpose of the work
- the length of stay in New Zealand
- whether the business offers any benefits, such as lodging and expenditures
- Trip itineraries and flight information are required for Tour Leader work visa applications.
With job offer
- Employment Agreement containing the following details: Job Title, Length of Job Offer, Salary, Job Description Including Duties, Responsibilities, and Conditions of Employment, signed by the Employer and Applicant
- Evidence that you are qualified and have the necessary experience to perform the job that has been given to you (i.e., relevant qualifications, resumes, testimonials, and work references from current and previous employers)
- The Employer Supplementary Form must be fully filled and signed by the applicants listed below (INZ 1113)
- Senior or specialized business professionals on short-term secondments with a job offer at a sizable New Zealand company or a New Zealand subsidiary of an international company.
- Examiners in dance and music from reputable worldwide teaching institutions who do not already have a written invitation but have a work offer to administer exams in New Zealand.
- Professional athletes and coaches accept a signed offer of employment from a New Zealand sports club and begin a paid position there.
If you are applying under the special purpose or event category and have a job offer from a New Zealand business, a Supplementary Employer form must be submitted.
- Visa for Permanent Residency, work permit, dependent pass, pass for extended visits, or pass for students.
Additional information request
In the process of reviewing an application, Immigration New Zealand maintains the right to ask for additional information and to keep records of information and documents.
Roughly 15 business days. Depending on the type of visa application and/or whether additional information is required to support the application, this is simply an estimate and is subject to change. However, we promise to stay in touch with you while your application is being processed.
- It is advised that you wait to buy your plane ticket until you have your visa.
What is a Singapore Work Exchange Programme Visa?
Work Exchange Program in Singapore Young people from Singapore who travel to New Zealand to obtain work experience is granted visas. You must take into account the following in order to be eligible for this permission:
- You have to be a citizen of Singapore.
- You have to be registered or studying at a polytechnic or a university.
- That is the last three years you have graduated from one.
- If you are up to 18 to 30 years old, you can apply for a Singapore Work Exchange Programme Visa.
- As a visa holder, you are permitted to work in New Zealand for up to six months by participating in an exchange program between your university or polytechnic and one in New Zealand or by finding your own employment with a New Zealand firm.
The Covid-19 pandemic forced the closure of this program, but it is again OPEN and accepting applications.
With this visa, you cannot bring your kids to New Zealand. Additionally, if your partner wants to visit New Zealand, he or she must submit a visa application based on your relationship.
Keep in mind that all applicants for this visa must submit their paperwork online. A permanent job offer cannot be accepted by visa holders.
What conditions must be met in order to obtain a Singapore Work Exchange Program Visa?
- Identity documents like your passport and a photo are required.
- Your health must be good. Medical evaluations and, in some situations, a chest x-ray should be made available for this purpose.
- You must demonstrate your moral integrity. You must respond to inquiries regarding your character while completing your visa application online in order to accomplish this. You can be asked for a police certificate.
- This visa requires applicants to be between the ages of 18 and 30. This can be demonstrated using the passport’s information.
- You need a Singaporean passport in order to be eligible for this visa.
- You must submit your passport following the online submission of your visa application.
- You must provide proof that you have enough money in New Zealand to meet your costs. Additionally, a copy of your ticket must be presented as verification. When you arrive in New Zealand, immigration agents may examine these documents.
- You must demonstrate that you have at least NZ$2,250 to support your living expenses after submitting your documents online. These are the documents you are required of:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statements
- Bank drafts
- Travelers’ checks
If you have already applied for the Work Exchange Program in New Zealand and secured the necessary permits, you cannot apply for this visa.
You cannot apply for a visa even if you have a confirmation but have not yet utilized the visa. You should be aware that you are eligible to apply for this visa even if you have already taken part in work exchange programs in other nations.
You must enroll at a Singapore Polytechnic or University. You will be required to produce proof that you are currently enrolled in school or have earned a degree within the previous three years after submitting your application materials online.
For the duration of your stay, you must supply comprehensive health insurance. You must be completely covered by this insurance for all medical costs, including hospitalization. As a result, you must present a copy of the insurance certificate as well as a letter of authorization from the insurance provider.
When you arrive in New Zealand, immigration officials may examine your insurance documentation.
You must be enrolled in a tertiary exchange program or have employment lined up with a New Zealand firm. If you are participating in an approved exchange program, you do not need to produce additional documents unless the New Zealand Immigrant requests it.
Additionally, you do not need to obtain a job offer before moving to New Zealand if you organize your employment.
How can I obtain this visa?
The Singapore Work Exchange Programme Visa application process is currently closed. Thus those who want to apply for one should be informed of this. As a result, there is no information accessible regarding the application process or fees.
Can a visa holder attend school?
You are only permitted to enroll in training programs that are less than six months old as the bearer of the visa.
Can someone with a visa for the Singapore Work Exchange Program travel?
After receiving your visa, you have 12 months to travel to New Zealand. So long as your visa is still valid, you are free to enter or exit New Zealand.
Frequently Asked Questions On New Zealand work visa for Singaporeans
Are Singaporeans required to get a visa to enter New Zealand?
Before entering the country, all arriving visitors with Singaporean passports must get a visa from New Zealand. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be allowed to enter the nation. Any visitor, including children, is included.
What is an ETA?
An electronic travel authorization called the New Zealand Tourist eTa (NZ Electronic Travel Authority) gives you unrestricted entry into the nation. It is commonly known as the Singaporean citizen’s New Zealand visa. You can apply online from any mobile device of your choice in place of the customary process. To submit the necessary paperwork, you don’t need to travel to the nearest consulate or embassy; you may do it at home.
How long may visitors who have an ETA stay in New Zealand?
Singaporean visitors having a valid New Zealand ETA are permitted a ninety-day stay with multiple entries.
What paperwork is needed to get the New Zealand ETA?
You must check the following points before applying, and you must keep them in mind when completing the application. More than the necessary documents will not be required to be attached.
- You must apply with your valid passport. It must be current and not about to expire for three months prior to your journey to New Zealand.
- A white background digital image. You can’t be gesticulating at all, and it has to have been recently taken.
- A legitimate payment method, such as your debit or credit card.
- Your most recent email address, so we can contact you when your document is prepared.
- A sign of nourishment. It will do if you have a bank statement on hand.
- Your round-trip airline ticket. With your New Zealand ETA, which serves as your tourist visa, you must show that you won’t be staying in New Zealand for an extended period of time.
What are the steps to apply for the New Zealand ETA?
If you satisfy all the prerequisites, we’ve already listed and need a New Zealand visa for residents of Singapore right away, be sure to complete the next three procedures accordingly.
- You must first fill out the application form with your personal data. Usually, it only takes a few minutes to complete. Choose the processing time that best suits your needs after doing so.
- Secondly, to get your New Zealand ETA, check to make sure you didn’t make any errors and then proceed with the payment.
- Third, you must upload the necessary files that we just stated. After that, you can submit your form whenever you’re ready.
Here, we’ve attempted to address the queries that the majority of you could have while applying for a Singapore Work Exchange Programme visa and all that has to do with the New Zealand work visa for Singaporeans.