The Faculty of Divinity in Cambridge University is providing the Kirby Laing Studentship to PhD and MPhil candidates putting in to commence research in the area of theological and religious studies in the academic session 2021/22.
The Kirby Laing Studentship was made accessible by the bigheartedness of the Kirby Laing Foundation which provides both fees and living expenses.
The Kirby Laing Studentship in New Testament (PhD) will be granted to an extraordinary candidate putting in for a PhD in any field of New Testament Studies. The topic of the doctoral thesis should concentrate on any part of the New Testament. The studentship will add to the expense of fees and upkeep for a PhD at the University’s home/EU rate. It is available for one year and will be renewed for an additional two subject to acceptable progress.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Study area, type and level
Departments: School of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Divinity
Qualifications: Doctor of Philosophy, Postgraduate, Master of Philosophy
Research area: New Testament Studies
Who is eligible: Applying to a program
Worth of Award
- The sum granted will provide the expenses of fees and upkeep at the Home rate following University procedures, and may be granted to a candidate undertaking study at MPhil or PhD level.
- In the case of a PhD candidate, it will be obtainable for one year in the first instance and will be renewed to at most three years, subject to acceptable progress.
Award value options: Fees and maintenance
Award minimum value: £21765
Award maximum value: £22467
How long is the award for: 3 Years
Eligibility for Kirby Laing Studentship
- Foreign candidates are qualified to apply
- You are required to apply for either the Divinity Faculty’s MPhil degree or PhD degree to focus on New Testament Studies
How to Apply for Kirby Laing Studentship
- No separate application is required for this scholarship award. Specify this scholarship award when submitting an application to the course in the graduate admissions website.
- Candidates should tick the funding box on the application form stating that they want to be given consideration for a Kirby Laing studentship.
- The scholarship award will be made based on the quality of the candidate’s academic record, the research proposal, and any other signs of outstanding academic merit.
Application Deadline: Applications ends on Tuesday, December 3, 2020.