To assist Canadian and International candidates, the University of Waterloo is offering the David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards to exceptional scholars.
A lot of awards are granted yearly to full-time undergraduate and graduate candidates in any Faculty who take part in an international experience in Israel, comprising a volunteer placement, a minimally-paid or volunteer co-op work placement, or a study term related to academic conditions. These scholarship awards were created through the generous assistance of the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Foundation in honour of past Waterloo President David Johnston, as a lasting honour to his 11-year service to this university and in acknowledgment of his passion for global opportunities for students.
This is a full-time program available to the candidates from all over the world who want to enrol in an undergraduate and graduate degree program in any Faculty at Waterloo.
As a public research university in Canada, University of Waterloo is consistently ranked Canada’s most innovative university and most famous for its cooperative education programs. It offers academic programs administered by six faculties and ten faculty-based schools.
Why at Waterloo University? To study at this school is a great opportunity for scholars. Here scholars can enjoy substantial opportunities to grow their career via leadership training, organizational development seminars, and secondments. The best and smartest are drawn to the University of Waterloo for their renowned academic programs, world-class co-operative education and teaching/research distinction. They embrace the chance to work with, and be elevated by, a world-class peer group.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
At the forefront of novelty, Waterloo supports a culture of curiosity, exploration, risk-taking, entrepreneurship, international stewardship and leadership. They bring bold concepts and brilliant minds together — motivating innovations with international impact today and in the future.
Brief Description of the David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards
- University or Organization: University of Waterloo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and graduate degree
- Award: Up to $2,500 , $2,500 to $5,000 and $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Canadian and International candidates
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2021, July 15, 2021, or November 15, 2021
- Language: English
Eligibility for David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards
- Eligible Nations: Canadian and international candidates are qualified to apply for these awards.
- Eligible Subjects: The awards are available to study the undergraduate and graduate degree program in any discipline taught by the university.
- Eligibility Conditions: The candidates have to meet the following eligibility conditions: Applicants who have excellent academic standing (typically a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; typically a minimum 75% average at the graduate level) are qualified to apply for these awards.
- The candidates for the International Experience Awards are required to be full-time undergraduate and graduate candidates in any faculty who wish to take part in an international experience in Israel, including a volunteer placement, a minimally-paid or volunteer foreign co-op work placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic criteria.
How to Apply for David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards
- To put in for the International Experience Awards, applicants are required to secure admission at the university in undergraduate and graduate degree program. After securing admission, applicants can gain access to the application on their forms pages
- Supporting Credentials: Candidates have to attach a personal statement which will refer to the application form.
- Admission Criteria: For undergraduate and graduate programs, candidates should have advanced placement (AP) programs, international baccalaureate (IB) programs and international baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
- Language Requirement: All candidates have to provide proof of their English language ability to satisfy the minimum prerequisites for admission.
Note: Candidates should apply as soon as they can verify the details of their intended experience by one of the following closing dates: July 15, November 15, or March 15.
Benefits of David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards
The financial award positions will be granted worth up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.