Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
Are you having worries about your dark underarms making you steer clear of sleeveless clothes? You don’t need to worry any further as there are several natural home remedies that can help you lighten underarms. However, you should also take a few precautions for a hygienic lifestyle. You shouldn’t rely on excessive usage of hair removing creams or deodorants that contain alcohol. Kindly cover your skin before stepping out as exposure to ultra-violet rays is very dangerous to your skin. Besides, it is very essential to fight against dead skin cells.
Here are some natural remedies that can help you get rid of dead skin cells:
1. Apples: Scrub a mashed apple to your armpits to get rid of those dark spots and odour. Apples contain AHA, which is very effective in killing bacteria and germs that are responsible for the darkening of underarms.
2. Sandalwood: Just mix two teaspoon of rosewater with two teaspoon of sandalwood powder. Then, apply the mixture to your underarms and let it stay there for 5 minutes. Rinse it with water and repeat it daily.
3. Saffron: Get about two teaspoon of mild lotion and add a pinch of saffron to it, then mix very well. Apply the mixture to your underarms and let it stay there for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat it daily for better result.
4. Honey: Get equal amounts of lemon juice and honey and apply the mixture to your underarms and leave for 10 minutes. Wash off with warm water and repeat it daily.
5. Cucumber: Simply take the cucumber slices and rub on the affected areas.
6. Orange peel: You will need to dry some orange peels for about three to four days. Take two teaspoon of powder made from peels and mix some rose water to it. Apply the paste on your underarms and leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing it.
7. Milk: Milk contains fatty acids and some vitamins that make our skin bright and healthy. Just apply a few drops of milk on your underarms and let it stay there for 10 minutes. You should do this before bathing.
8. Lemon: Lemon contains vitamin C which will help lighten the dark armpits while the acidic properties will exfoliate revealing cleaner skin underneath. Rub a cut lemon on your pits or apply the juice using cotton balls.
Home Remedies for Dark Lips
Every woman’s desire is to have soft pink lips and daily wear, tear, and pollution can take a toll on your lips and cause dryness, chapping and even discoloration. Aside these factors, the lip can be affected by the daily habits too such as smoking, use of cosmetics, hormonal imbalance and many more. Here are natural ways that will help you get rid of dark lips.
1. Lemon juice: Lemon has been an effective way to lighten skin and treat dark spots. It is enrich in high amounts of vitamin C which is known for its amazing bleaching properties. Apply lemon juice directly on your lips to naturally help lighten your dark lips.
2. Honey: Honey is known to be a great moisturizer and you can use a layer of natural honey to nourish, soften, and soothe the delicate skin on your lips. Regular use of honey will reduce the dark pigmentation of your lips, and give you healthy and naturally pink lips.
3. Milk and rose petals: Milk and rose petals have been used to get rosy lips since ancient times and to make use of this time-tested remedy, take some raw milk in a bowl and add a generous quantity of fresh pink rose petals. Just make a fine paste and apply this on your lips every day. Soon, you will start noticing a rosy tint on your lips.
4. Beetroot: Beetroot is naturally red in color and is known to help in bringing a flushed tone to your skin. Simply use beetroot slices and rub them on your lips. This will help remove hyper pigmentation and discoloration from your lips along with imparting a reddish tune.
Home remedies for dark knees and elbows
Are you having elbows and knees looking dark and scruffy? When pigmentation happens on these areas of the skin, scrubbing with soap doesn’t usually help one get an even skin tone. Here are a few natural remedies that will help one lighten the skin tone on elbows and knees.
1. Lemon: Lemon has natural bleaching properties which can help even skin tone. Apply the juice of a lemon on these areas, massage gently and let it stay there for 10 minutes. Rinse it with warm water and repeat it for a couple of weeks and see the difference.
2. Curd: Curd is a good moisturizer but a lot of people aren’t aware that sour curd can also help lighten one’s skin tone. You can add a teaspoon of vinegar and gram flour to sour cord, and apply the mix on the affected area. Rinse after 15 minutes with warm water. Also, mix baking soda with milk to get a thick paste. Apply the paste on your elbows and knees and rinse after 5 minutes. Do this once a week for two months.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera helps make the skin supple. Break open a fresh aloe vera leaf, and apply the pulp on rough skin. Let it stay there for about 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. Top up with an aloe moisturizer. To soften rough skin, massage affected areas with coconut oil and then go for a warm shower. Do not apply soap, just rinse and pat dry. You can just squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice in the water too.