Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Housekeeper (for NHF Project)
Job Location: (Maiduguri base) North-East Nigeria
Starting Date: September, 2020
Duration of contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Admin/Finance/HR Officer
General Context of the Project
- The Boko Haram armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict.
- The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria. The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers.
- The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The housekeeper ensures cleanliness throughout the NHF Project.
- Provides cleaning / housekeeping / laundry services at Salient premises
- Informs his/her supervisor about any issues regarding the premises (materials needed to carry out duties, malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or premises, etc.)
- Supports maintenance, logistics, and other colleagues in a variety of manual tasks when assigned to the office
- Plans and organizes tasks according to priority, to carry out the job effectively and efficiently
A successful candidate will have:
- Primary school education
- At least 1-year similar work experience
- Basic knowledge in spoken and written in English
As an asset, a successful candidate will have:
- Prior working experience in Hhumanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
YOU MAY WANT APPLY FOR:
- RGIT International Student Scholarship Program 2021 in Australia
- NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships in Foreign Universities 2021
- University of Toronto International Admission Scholarships 2021, Canada
- Master and Postgraduate Scholarships by Italian Government 2021
- Vice Chancellor’s Undergraduate International Scholarship UK | Fully-Funded
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “Job position” as the subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org