If you don’t have this beautiful plant already, don’t hesitate to get it. If you admire plants, an aloe vera plant should be in your abode. Moreover, the plant is versatile enough and quite not costly. Although aloe vera does a lot for your interior décor, it also does a lot for your health. It is not without reason that the plant is referred to as “the miracle plant”. Aloe vera is effective for different purposes:
Aloe vera is a real miracle plant. For example, it is an air-purifying houseplant. The plant filters harmful substances from the air. But that is not all. Today you can find aloe vera as an ingredient in several medicines and cosmetics. Therefore, put an aloe vera plant in your home without delay, and occasionally remove a stem to use for the things below.
1. Treat dandruff: Do you suffer from dandruff? Then you can fix this with a homemade aloe vera hair mask. Simply cut a long stem of aloe vera in half lengthwise and remove the gel from the plant with a spoon. Put this gel in a bowl and add about two tablespoons of conditioner, one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of coconut oil. Now mix them together till it forms a smooth paste and spread the mask on your scalp. Let it stay there for a while and then wash the hair. You will notice that your dandruff will improve and may even disappear completely.
2. Works after sunburn: There is a moisturizing and cooling effect in aloe vera when it has been applied on the skin. Therefore, the gel from the plant works perfectly on sun burnt skin. Not surprisingly, many sunburn products contain aloe vera as part of the ingredients.
3. Against pimples: Aloe vera contains several minerals and has an antibacterial effect. As a result, the gel of the plant also helps to get rid of pimples. You can easily make your own face wash. Just put two tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a bowl, and add two tablespoons of almond milk and two tablespoons of lemon juice. Stir it very well and your face wash is ready. Now gently massage the mixture into your skin and after a couple of minutes rinse it off with lukewarm water.
4. Use it to treat wounds: Aloe vera can help heal wounds faster and even reduce scars. According to research studies, the juice of an aloe vera plant is said to make small wounds heal a lot faster. You can put the gel of the aloe vera plant in a blender to create a thinner liquid.
5. Make-up remover: People with sensitive skin might have it difficult to get a makeup remover that doesn’t sting. Meanwhile, you shouldn’t look further for a makeup remover! Put some plant gel on a cotton pad and gently massage it into your skin. You can then easily remove your make-up.
6. Exfoliate: While you are treating your skin well, you can also make use of the aloe vera gel to make a facial scrub. Simply mix some gel with a little baking soda and you are done!
7. Make a mouthwash: In a research study done in 2014 and published in the Ethiopian Journal of Health Sciences reveals that you can make use of aloe vera as a mouthwash. The plant contains a good dose of vitamin C which prevents the production of plaque. Aloe vera can also offer relief if you suffer from swollen gums.
Share to a friend who needs this