There are several things you can do with eggshells. Nearly everyone has eggs in their fridge or cupboard. It can be used for different purposes and dishes and this is why it is always nice to have them around. When we are done preparing an omelette, we often throw the eggshells away to the dustbin. It turns out that is a real waste, though, because there are a variety of things you can do with them!
Henceforth, you should avoid throwing out eggshells!
Firstly, it is necessary to know that eggshells are healthy. An eggshell is 90% calcium and calcium is great for healthy bones, teeth, muscles, and nerves. Now, we don’t advise chowing down on a piece of eggshell. That is not fun for anybody. But you could put some eggshells through the food processor to grind it into a powder. Then you can add this powder to a smoothie for that extra calcium boost. You will need to make sure that the eggshell has been properly cleaned before you do this.
There are several other things you can do with eggshells aside consuming them, they are as follows:
1. Keep vermin at bay: If you are willing to deal with slugs, snails and worms eating away at the flowers and plants in your garden, then you should just crunch up some eggshells and sprinkle them around your plants. Vermin doesn’t like eggshells, so they will stay away from your plants from now on.
2. Feed the earth: Since you are in your garden now anyway, you should just consider crushing more eggshells and put them in the soil. Since they are full of calcium, they will offer a ton of extra nutrition to your plants.
3. Add them to the compost: Do you still have eggshells left over? Throw them onto the compost heap or in the compost bin if you have one. The shell will compost really quickly and they will add a ton of calcium to the compost.
4. Make your coffee less bitter: Do you see your coffee a little bitter for your taste? You can add some crunched up pieces of eggshell to your coffee grinder.
5. Treat irritated skin: Simply dissolve pieces of eggshell in a small bowl with apple cider vinegar. This could take up to two days. Apple cider vinegar helps blemishes on your skin to fade away and the eggshell adds calcium to the mix. Now, apply the apple cider vinegar mixture onto your skin by dabbing it on and you will see it will soothe irritation or pain.
Share to a friend who needs this