No more miserable ironing sessions to make sure your clothes are crease free. Indeed, big loads of laundry will keep you busy for at least half a day. Sorting, washing, drying, folding… it is a definite chore and a half. It can get even more tedious if you have to iron all of your clothes to get out the creases as well. Standing there, bent over the ironing board… we’d rather not, if at all possible. Fortunately, there are some simple ways to get rid of creases in your clothing without having to use an iron!
These tricks will make your life a lot easier.
1. The wet washcloth: You can simply put your creased dresses into the tumble dryer along with a wet washcloth and make sure the dryer runs for about 10 to 15 minutes. The steam that comes off the washcloth will ensure every crease in your clothes will be straightened. Your clothes will look super neat, even though they have just come out of the dryer!
2. Shake it off: Of course, it is very easy to just throw your clothes in the dryer, but when you throw in shirts that are all tangled together. They will probably come out just as tangled as they went in. This is the reason why you should shake out your clothes before you put them into the dryer. That way, they won’t come out all tangled and creased.
3. Change your dryer settings: When your dryer spins too fast, the creases in your shirts will probably only become more pronounced. This is why it is important to make sure your dryer runs on a slower setting. You will get far fewer creases when the drum turns slowly.
4. Don’t leave your clothes in the washing machine: It is apt that you take your clothes out of the washing machine as soon as it is done with the programme. Leaving the wet clothes inside the machine for too long is exactly what can cause more creases to appear.
5. Fold your clothes in the right way: A lot of people fold their clothes in the middle, because it is easier to store. Instead of doing that, though, you should fold your clothes in three parts, like they do in clothing stores. This way, you will avoid an ugly crease in the middle of your shirt from appearing as soon as you take the item out of your wardrobe.
Share to a friend who needs this