Ericsson Nigeria is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at Ericsson Nigeria
Table of Contents
- Group Legal Counsel
- Job Description:
- Qualifications and Requirements:
- Method of Application
- Deadline: Not Specified
Group Legal Counsel
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
- Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity
- Group Function Legal Affairs (“GFLA”) provides timely, highly qualified, and efficient legal services to the Ericsson Group and thereby supplies to achieving the Group’s targets.
- The main objective of Legal: MMEA is to provide legal support in accordance with the above to Market Area Middle East and Africa (“MMEA”).
- Draw up legal documents, contracts required by clients in connection with their respective business and other instruments in accordance with relevant business objectives;
- Actively participate in all preparatory activities, coordination and alignment with all relevant units and departments related to deals and negotiations of aforesaid instruments;
- Consider and advise on legal and other requirements resulting from legislation, agreements, contracts, and other undertakings;
- Offer and perform legal training and education;
- Provide mentorship regarding filing and maintenance of agreements and similar documents in accordance with applicable laws;
- Manage disputes, claims, actions and potential disputes, claims, actions in concert with other concerned Ericsson representative and Group Legal Litigation Counsel at GFLA (when required);
- Participate and promote compliance and governance in the Market Area and ensure accurate and entity compliance and governance;
- Provide information and mentorship in implementing new or amended legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Implement policies and directives and decisions of GFLA;
- Provide mentorship and advice on general legal issues in a multi-territory and multi-jurisdiction environment as well as mentorship and advice on general compliance and trade compliance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To be successful in the role you must havel:
- University Degree in Law required
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Contract, Intellectual Property Law) recommended
- More than 6 years of experience as corporate in-house counsel and/or member of leading corporate law firm; preferably with experience relevant to IT and/or telecommunications industry and cross-border transactions in a multi-national setting.
- Experience required in “new business models” such as content licensing, revenue share schemes etc.
- Commercial and intellectual property rights experience required.
Professional for competence area:
- Excellent knowledge of contract law, international contractual principles and customs, in addition to very good knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Proficiency in English (and recommendable, though not a must, proficiency in French) is required as well as extensive negotiation experience from an international environment.
- Good negotiation skills and legal skills and acumen.
- Experience from working within the Telecommunications/IT industry and a very good understanding of such a business environment.
- Experience in new media environments an advantage.
- Must be able to work at all levels as well as at a most senior and high level, under time pressure, across a cross-section of the business with critical and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate the following human proficiencies/skills: communication, management networking, and leadership.
- Must be people-oriented, i.e. must be able to relate to people with emotional intelligence, yet to be objective in judgment and quickly win the confidence of others.
- Should be able to quickly develop a strong internal and external network.
- Integrity must be of the highest level.
- Must be a truly phenomenal teammate, professional, confident, sound analytical problem solver, and always really good judgment.
What’s in it for you?
- With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
- Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change.
- We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at Ericsson Nigeria” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
- Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
- Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
- Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share to a friend who needs this