Bookminders Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
- Graphic designers use their creative and artistic abilities to communicate ideas, inform consumers and solve problems. From the layout of a website to large images seen on billboards, posters, brochures &magazines, to creating logos, graphic designers create visual concepts by hand or by computer to help others interpret the world around them through color, texture, images, and symbols.
- Graphic designers may be responsible for all aspects of a company’s design process, or they might specialize in a particular field such as advertising, digital design, illustration or branding.
- However, graphic designers need creativity first and foremost, as well as knowledge of the industry’s standard software. They are sometimes called graphic artists.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as Photoshop.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts, Design, Communications, or related field.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, Illustrator, sketch and other graphic design software.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A strong and excellent eye for visual composition and detail.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.