Google in collaboration with Lime connect is providing Google Lime Scholarship award to University students with disabilities for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Google’s education and scholarship award programs intend to inspire and assist candidates become future leaders in computing and technology by taking away the hindrances that prevent them from breaking into these fields. They have collaborated with Lime Connect, a non-profit establishment that assists students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising professions, to assist university students living with disabilities work toward their academic objectives in the discipline of computer science.
When it comes to advanced education for talented scholars, the Lime Network does not want anything to be a hindrance. That is why Google is happy to support the work of Lime Connect ever since 2008. Google is devoted to assisting the innovators of the future capitalize on their talents by offering scholarship awards and networking retreats for computer science students living with disabilities.
Worth of Award
Beneficiaries of the 2021 Google Lime Scholarship award will each obtain a scholarship award for the 2021-2022 academic session and the chance for a virtual “Google Lime Scholars” meeting in Summer 2021 to link Scholars with each other, Google Scholar program leads, other Googlers (and also Google Lime Scholars from past years), and the Lime Connect team. Applicants will also be given consideration for software engineering internship openings with Google. Google Lime Scholarship award will be granted on the basis of the strength of applicants’ academic background and a proven passion for computer science – $10,000 for candidates studying in the United States and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition expenses).
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility for Google Lime Scholarship
To be qualified to apply for Google Lime Scholarship award, candidates must:
- Have, or deem themselves to have, a visible or invisible disability. A candidates with a visible or invisible disability (described as someone who has, or deems themselves to have, a long-term, or recurrent, problem that affects one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily routine); this description also comprises the assessment among others that a disability exists. They know that 90% of disabilities on campus are not visible, and applicants with all disabilities are implored to apply
- Be presently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate candidate at a university for the 2021-22 academic session
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2021-22 academic session
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Be seeking a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a degree in a directly related technical field
- Demonstrate leadership and display passion for computer science and technology
Please note: Google Lime Scholarship award beneficiaries are required to be enrolled as full-time candidates for the 2021-2022 academic year. Enrollment will be confirmed after the winners are chosen, and all scholarship award payments will be made directly to the candidate to be used towards tuition and education-related costs. They will withhold the scholarship award for any scholar who no longer satisfies the eligibility conditions and withdraw the scholarship award for any scholar who does not sustain the eligibility requirements. Beneficiaries may defer their scholarship award for up to one (1) year from the time of initially planned payment on a case by case basis as decided by Google.
How to Apply for Google Lime Scholarship
You will be required to fill out an online application via Lime Connect which comprises:
- General background details (e.g. contact details and information about your present and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your present and former institutions (if you have earned a degree before now)
- One letter of reference from an instructor, professor, mentor or supervisor
- Answers to four short answer essay questions
Beneficiaries of Google Lime Scholarship award will be chosen on the basis of the overall strength of their essays and application documents in comparison to the entire candidate pool.
Application ends on Friday, December 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT