Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Officer (GO)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Gender Officer (GO) will work closely with the Program Team to support the integration of a gender perspective to new and existing DCR Ambassadors projects and work to ensure that gender is mainstreamed and strengthened in programs.
- The GO will liaise with counterparts and team members for coordination and to carry out job responsibilities.
- Provide guidance and advice to the programs management team on technical issues of gender mainstreaming and related advocacy in projects
- Network and maintain a dialogue with relevant stakeholders e.g. Government Institutions, National and International Development Organizations to ensure collaboration and synergy on projects and sharing of experiences on gender issues.
- Lead assessment and research activities at the community level to gather information and analysis on gender and advocacy issues.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual project work plans
- Track progress and provide data on gender and advocacy issues relevant to DCR Ambassadors projects
- Coordinate and attend training workshops for self, relevant stakeholders, staff and key actors on gender-related topics including identifying training needs and organize training on gender mainstreaming for the organization, target communities, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Support the media and communications team in preparation and dissemination of information related to gender and women empowerment.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on gender mainstreaming by ensuring the collection of relevant baseline information and formulation of indicators that are sensitive to gender.
- Assist with other team and organizational activities as may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Gender and Development Studies, Social Sciences, International Relations, Philosophy, Law or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in gender, advocacy, and women empowerment issues with additional understanding of Gender-Based Violence(GBV) and Violence Against Women and Girls(VAWG)
- Deep understanding of guiding legal frameworks and principles of gender equality in Nigeria
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and systems/regulations in gender programming and gender mainstreaming.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation;
- Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches;
- Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively.
- Practical knowledge and experience in operational and programme approaches.
- Computer skills particularly, experience with MS office suites strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.