Magdalene College is offering applications for the Standard Bank Chairman’s Scholarships that open to academically excellent candidates.
The award program is awarded annually to African students commencing an MPhil degree from Cambridge’s one of the best colleges in the UK.
A worthy opportunity for students to get a fully-funded program to study in the UK.
Magdalene College is one of the thirty-one colleges of the University of Cambridge. It is officially known as The College of Saint Mary Magdalene located in England.
Why at Magdalene College? Each year approximately 105students graduate from Magdalene College for all courses offered by the University of Cambridge.
Application Deadline: 13 March 2020
- University or Organization: Magdalene College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: MPhil degree
- Award: Full award
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 4
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: MPhils in Economics, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development or Finance and Management
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the candidates must meet all the given criteria:
- Preference will be offered to candidates who have indicated Magdalene College as their first College choice in their University application. Magdalene College will select candidates.
- Applicants holding a University offer for an MPhil with primary nationality as mentioned above
- Applicants to the MBA and MFin are not eligible.
- NB: Preference will be given to students ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and South Africa who have been accepted to undertake MPhils in Economics, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development or Finance and Management.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must take admission to hold an offer for MPhils study at Magdalene College. After that, applicants can submit an online application form with two recent academic references details to receive a Standard Bank Africa Scholarship.
- Note: If cannot apply online, applicants can also send the completed application form with all related supporting documents to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: must submit the following:
- Submit a copy of your completed University of Cambridge Application Form (PDF or Word) and use the following document naming convention: sbcs_firstname_lastname_uoc_application.pdf.
- Upload any supporting documentation that you consider relevant, such as transcripts and use the following document naming convention: sbcs_firstname_lastname_supporting_doc.pdf.
- Admission Requirements: Before enrolling in Master of Philosophy study must check all entry criteria of Magdalene College at Cambridge.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to submit evidence of the English language requirement before you are admitted to your proposed course at Cambridge College.
The bursaries are full awards that cover University Fees (overseas rate), a full maintenance grant for a single person, and £2,500 travel and settling-in allowance.