The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships is currently receiving applications for 2022/2023 phase of the program. Students of the West African sub-region are encouraged to take this opportunity and grab the full sponsorship to study at the University of Oxford. Application is open to graduate students of all background.
The AIG Scholarships are targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35 with strong intellectual capability, outstanding academic achievements, leadership skills and a passion to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.-Advertisements-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG).
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Oxford.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: covers full tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses
Number of Awards: 5 fully funded scholarships available yearly.
Study Level: Masters degree level.
Nationality: West African States (e.g. Nigeria and Ghana)
AIG Scholarship Program 2022/2023 | DETAILS
To accomplish our objective of being an impetus for transformation in the Public Sector, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will each year for five year, counting from 2017, finance five grants for remarkable West African students from all settings who have interest in the public sector, to study Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government , University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will in return be expected to apply their learning knowledge as change specialists in their nation’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarship program is basically aimed at young graduate students between the ages of 25 and 35 with solid scholarly capacity, extraordinary scholastic accomplishments, initiative abilities and an enthusiasm to add to the advancement of Africa’s public sector.
The following eligibility criteria have been set out for the AIG Scholarship program, to be eligible and be considered for the award you must;
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and resultant impact
- Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided).
- Scholarship Opportunities in Australia & Germany
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2021
- Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for International Students to Study in UK [Fully Funded]
- University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship For International Students ,UK 2022
- 2022 Australian National University Scholarship For International Students
- Deakin University Scholarship For International Students, Australia 2021
- 2021 Central Queensland University RTP Scholarship For International Students
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill, Canada (Fully-Funded)
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2022/23 for Low Income Country Students to Study in UK
- Transform Together Scholarships at Sheffield Hallam University in UK 2022
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
How-to-Apply: Applications for the for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2022/2023 are all to be submitted online. Interested and eligible candidates can click here to start application.
Application Deadline: October 10th, 2021.