Hartleys Supermarket and Stores – We deliver the ultimate shopping experience to our community by offering a wide variety of the freshest and quality products, with exceptional service.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- This job role is responsible for providing valuable financial guidance and support to the organization. The Finance Controller owns the performance agenda including delivery of all financial metrics and ensuring a robust control and risk management environment.
- A pro-active member of the business management team, providing financial leadership to challenge and influence the organization in order to drive value from strategic to operational decision making and execution whilst leveraging on global financial processes, standards, systems and data to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring the business meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Creation of company accounting policies according to best practice and standards.
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information for strategic decision making and external audit purposes
- Manage the organizations’ general ledger and ensure all transactions are processed in line with acceptable accounting principles
- Manage the company revenue and expenditure accounts
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly ‘financial close’ activities
- Oversee the performance of periodic ledger and bank reconciliations as required
- Maintain relationships with company banks and other relevant financial institutions
- Management and coordination of annual statutory audit.
- Cash flow management and projections
- Overseeing of the accounts payable, receivables and other finance function
- Act as trusted business advisor to all members of the business area being supported in order to challenge and support the business to improve overall performance
- Providing insights on the financial health of the organization.
- Keeping track of market trends.
- Seek cost-reduction opportunities.
- Developing relationships with external contacts such as auditors, solicitors etc
- Develop savings & profit targets/ KPIs in line with business objectives and action standards
- Provide financial input into supply chain projects
- Identify key areas of opportunities and improvement gaps
- Training and development of the Finance of team
- Management of company’s ERP
- Ensuring that transactions and reporting are carried out in an automated environment
- Effective working capital management
- Leading the budgeting/forcasting and planning processes for the company.