Good news! Felix Scholarship at University of Reading is currently open. The Felix Scholarship at University of Reading is accessible to high performing scholars from India and other developing nations embarking on postgraduate studies at the University of Reading.
Closing date: 30th January, 2021.
To Take Place in: UK
Institution: University of Reading
Study Level: PhD/MSc
Pre-alert candidates will be provided with more details in the coming weeks. The scholarships are available for Indian citizens (up to six Felix Scholarships are available to students pursuing either a PhD or a master’s), scholarships for scholars from developing nations.
One award, for study at master’s level only, will be granted to a student from a developing nation. The Felix Trustees have proven that the very scholarship accessible to scholars from ‘developing countries’ is aimed chiefly at applicants from Africa and exempts “all Western countries, as well as most of the European Community, and China/Taiwan”. If nominated by the University for the scholarship, the eligibility of high-quality applicants from nations other than India and Africa will need to be approved by the Felix
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility for Felix Scholarship at University of Reading
For an individual to be qualified for all the Felix Scholarships offered, the individual must be applying to begin a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Reading, starting in September 2021. The applicants must be able to prove academic excellence and monetary need and are expected by the Trust to return to work in your home country after finishing your studies.
Note: Applicants who already have a master’s degree cannot apply for a master’s degree scholarship.
The following eligibility criteria apply for the scholarship for Indian citizens:
- Applicant has to be an Indian national and not presently be residing or studying outside of India.
- Applicants should have not formerly studied for one year or more outside India.
- Applicant should have at least a first-class BSc degree from an Indian university or comparable institution. Applicants with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they have a first-class degree at master’s level.
- Applicants must not have a degree from a university outside of India.
This scholarship is available to students pursuing either a PhD or MSc degree. For the scholarship for scholars from developing nations, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- Applicant must have minimum of first-class bachelor’s degree from a university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they have a first-class degree at master’s level.
Felix Scholarship at University of Reading Applicant must not hold a degree from a university outside of your home country. Take note that this scholarship award is for master’s level only. PhD applicants from developing nations are heartened to consider alternative funding options..
Benefits of Felix Scholarship at University of Reading
Felix Scholarship at University of Reading finances tuition fees at the international rate and gives an allowance (maintenance grant) to fund living expenses (around £14,570). Generous allowances would be provided for clothes, books and a return flight home. Please be informed that you will be requested to prove financial need and spouses’ costs will not be met. The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to three years.
How to Apply for Felix Scholarship at University of Reading
- The 2021-22 application form is now accessible to download. Please read the application notes before finishing this form.
- Felix Scholarship at University of Reading Applications should be forwarded to the following email address: [email protected] by utilizing the following subject line: Felix Application – Reading ID 1233456 (your Reading application number).
Official link for Felix Scholarship at University of Reading
Download Felix Scholarship application form (PDF, 177KB)