Tai Hung Fai Charitable Foundation, in collaboration with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) is providing the Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship awards for the school session 2021/2022.
The Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship program is open for international students who wish to obtain a PhD degree qualification at the University of British Columbia in Canada.
Renewable doctoral scholarship awards of $35,000 each year for up to four years are provided yearly by the Tai Hung Fai Charitable Foundation, in association with the China Scholarship Council (CSC). As a UBC old student and internationalist, Dr. Edwin S.H. Leong acknowledges the importance of international collaboration. To be given consideration, candidates are required to be nationals of the mainland of the People’s Republic of China who display academic excellence and who are undergoing PhD research at either of the University of British Columbia campuses, in one of the following fields: health, natural resources, natural sciences, economics or business. Financial hardship may also be put into consideration.
In addition, a Leong Scholar should not only be an individual of high intellect, but a seasoned individual of sound character. Renewal of scholarship award funding for up to the full four years is dependent upon beneficiaries making acceptable progress in their studies.
Established in 1908, the University of British Columbia is the nation’s oldest research university. It offers students a broad range of study options via its numerous undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
Why school at the University of British Columbia? Foreign students are assisted by the institution via a number of in-program award opportunities. It establishes a world-class learning environment that advances global citizenship, nurtures a civil and sustainable society, and funds leading-edge research that benefits people.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities in Australia & Germany
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2021
- Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for International Students to Study in UK [Fully Funded]
- University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship For International Students ,UK 2022
- 2022 Australian National University Scholarship For International Students
- Deakin University Scholarship For International Students, Australia 2021
- 2021 Central Queensland University RTP Scholarship For International Students
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill, Canada (Fully-Funded)
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2022/23 for Low Income Country Students to Study in UK
- Transform Together Scholarships at Sheffield Hallam University in UK 2022
- Fanshawe College AAR Aircraft Service Award for International Students – Canada
- International Undergraduate Scholarships at Nottingham Trent University in UK 2022
- Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship at UBC in Canada 2021
- Become a Canadian: Check if you Qualify for a permanent residency Visa!
- University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program in USA 2022
Application Deadline: Not specified.
Brief Description of Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $35,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: China
- Award Nation: Canada
Benefits of Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship
The scholarship will offer a stipend of $35,000 each year, partially financed by the China Scholarship Council ($26,400) and partially financed by the Tai Hung Fai Foundation ($8,600).
Eligibility for Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship
- Eligible Nations: Be nationals of the mainland of the People’s Republic of China
- Acceptable Subjects: PhD degree in the area of Health, Natural Resources, Natural Sciences, Economics or Business.
Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, candidates are required to have to meet the following conditions:
- Receive CSC funding
- Be nationals of the mainland of the People’s Republic of China
- Be commencing a doctoral degree program at either UBC campus in May 2020, September 2020, January 2021, May 2021, September 2021 or January 2022
- Be taking on research in one of the following fields: health, natural resources, natural sciences, economics or business
The following criteria will be considered by the adjudication committee when reviewing and ranking applicants for the Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship. In the situation where two or more candidates have a very similar academic ranking on the basis of the criteria listed below, the financial situation of the candidates will be put into consideration:
- Academic excellence
- Academic record
- Scholarships and awards held
- Duration of previous studies
- Research ability and potential
- Quality of contributions to research and development
- Significance of work experience and academic training to area of planned research
- Significance, viability, and merit of planned research, and rationalization for location of tenure
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge
- Initiative and autonomy
- Enthusiasm for research
- Will and ability to finish projects within a suitable period of time
- Communication, interpersonal and leadership qualities
- The ability or potential to communicate scientific concepts clearly and logically in written and oral formats. For example, this could include:
- quality of the application’s presentation
- participation in preparing publications
- awards for oral presentations or papers
How to Apply for Edwin Leong CSC PhD Scholarship
In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants must take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the University of British Columbia.
Supporting Credentials: Candidates are required to submit a CV, academic certificates and transcripts with their applications.
Admission Criteria: Applicants should check the entry requirement of their selected program.
Language Criteria: If your education has not been carried out in the English language, you will be required to display proof of an adequate level of English adeptness. For additional information, peruse the English language requirements page.