DAAD In-region Full Masters and PhD Scholarships At ACMS: Applications are currently invited from nationals of sub-Saharan African countries for the DAAD Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS 2022 to study in South Africa.
The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is seeking applications for MA and PhD scholarships offered by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as part of its ‘In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa’. Full scholarships are available for Four MA and Five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2022.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
Scholarships to be taken at: ACMS, University of the Witwatersrand.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Full funding (amount not stated).
Subject Eligibility: Programmes offered by the centre
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Sub-Saharan Africans
DAAD Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
For the pre-selection, ACMS will use the following eligibility criteria. Applicants:
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- Must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%;
- PhD applicants must have an MA degree with a total aggregate mark of at least 70%;
- Must have been accepted to study for MA/PhD in Migration and Displacement at ACMS
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants should email all queries and application materials to: [email protected]
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
- Proof of admission or application for admission at Wits/ACMS
DAAD will make the final decisions and administer the scholarships. ACMS is in charge of the first phase of the application process, which involves pre-selecting and shortlisting candidates. ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and final decisions.
Application deadline: 30 April 2021 ((pre-selection). Late applications will not be considered.