Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher – Clacton, Essex | Start ASAP
Prospero Teaching are looking for an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to work in a varirty of client schools in the Clacton area. We work with local secondary schools who call us for their cover needs on a day to day, short term and long term basis.
You will have the opportunity to cover a range of subjects for students in KS3 and KS4, and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed. As a Cover Supervisor, you will be able to take on the responsibility of the full time class teacher when the teacher is absent; sickness, training courses, school trips etc.
About the schools / job:
- Secondary Schools in Clacton and the surrounding areas
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16)
- potential to work with KS5 students (ages 16-18)
- You will need to have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary
- Flexible work available, full or part time and work as little or as often as you like to fit around other commitments
- Perfect for graduates looking to gain classroom experience and confidence before starting teacher training. It looks great on your CV!
- The lessons will all be set and you will be expected to make sure the students stay on task, managing behaviour in line with school policies
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day
Contract details for the Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher position:
- Location – Clacton and surrounding areas
- Position – Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher
- Type of work – Flexible
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full tme/part time – Full or part time, flexible
- Minumim rate of pay – £65 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher position:
- Previous experience working with children or young people os desirable but not essential
- Ideally hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be pro active and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
To be eligible for the Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher position through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.
- Contact: Prospero Teaching
- Reference: Totaljobs/BDJLPCOVSCLA32
- Job ID: 88223532