Best Ways You Can Add Value to Your Home.
When you are putting a house for sale, one of the major thing you need to consider is to know whether to renovate or not to renovate.Knowing how to maximise the value of the house you stay in is a very important factor that everyone need to learn. It really doesn’t matter whether or not you want to put the house for sale or you really want to be staying, you still need to add value to your home. The value you add to your home makes it possible for the house to worth staying and also increases the longevity of the house. The more you try to maintain the house with taking care of your home with little finances, it will save you the very high cost of taking care of it when it finally get totally spoilt or collapsed.
But for the purpose of selling the home, if you want to add to the value of your home, These are the few things you will or may not do to get the best value for your home.
1. Split a house into a flat.Converting your house into a flat is a common practice in London and that is because there is a high demand for flats there. These flats are always very easy to afford and maintain and therefore many people choses to go for it. But, if you will be converting your own house to a flat, you will first need to make a good understudy of the area to make sure that there is a high demand for the flats. Because the area in which the house is located will determine the kind of requirements that is needed to add or remove from the house and it is a good option to converts to flat, because you your self will earn more converting a house to various flats.
2. Convert your garage to living space.
This will also add a value to your home in a little way as well. In as much as you have a garage and you are not using it or probably you have a car space outside your house, then it is advisable that you try and convert the garage into an extra living space. It may require that you seek for every necessary permission before you start the process. And consult every responsible authority and make sure that key areas conform with the regulations or drainage system of the area.
3. Loft conversion to add a bedroom.
Most Loft can be converted to a standard bedroom with toilet when you get a very good architect who will be able to do a proper design and also check the possibility of the conversion.For the various kind of conversions that are available, allow your architects to speak for you. They are in the best possible means to make you have the best conversion as this is there own profession and they will give you every required advice with respect to what to build and the kind of convertion to make.
4. Apply for planning permission
If you are thinking of purchasing a properties and onverting them into a bigger use, then always take permission from appriate agencies. If you are not able to get this permission Yield calculation that is baseed on a bigger square Footage or totally not meanifuif if you cannot get the tbe best and most appropriate linces you may be required to do every renovations and conversations.
5. Get a new Bathroom
This maybe an expensive contract to go into because it may require changing alot of pipe which may take enough time and resources before you are finnaly able to execute it To keep the price on the low. make sure you keep the former layout And when you want to change the bathroom of the house, change it to something very nice and durable, do it to standard as the construction of a new toilet will make the house to be more in value.
6. Make the living area a open plan.
You can also try and make the living area an open plan by breaking the wall that separate the kitchen and the living room. And againg you cannot just bring down the wall as such, you have to consult archtectures or other building professionals so that you wont cause the destruction of the buildings. There pillars that will be removed can be carrying enough load that may lead to distruction of the building and this is why it is very necessary to always confirm the load carrying capacity of any pillars or walls decides alot on the final outcome
7. Install Smart Home Technology.
Alot of home across the gold have embrace this smart home technology and it will add about 5 percent to the value of the property and these technological system can be use to control your, door bell, home security, thermostat, lighting and so on. You are able to know the amount of energy you cosume using this system and therefore it will help you to reduce the level of usage of energy usage and brings about more efficiency in energy. And the cost of this systems have been seen to be something that is affordable, infact more cheaper than the value and benefits that are attached to it.
Therefore when you want to add value for your home, it is not a must that you do all of this, but atleast doing as much as you can will gives your house more value at any given point in time and it will also make you to study the kind of housing plans in your area which will make you know the demands and wants of the people interms of choices of apartments.
1. 10 Home Improvement Dos and Don’ts If You Want To Add Value https://www.yourmortgage.co.uk/news/10-home-improvement-dos-and-donts-if-you-want-to-add-value
2. Ten Of The Best Ways To Add Value To Your Home https://www.propertypriceadvice.co.uk/home-improvements/ten-of-the-best-ways-to-add-value-to-your-home
3. Too 10 Tips To Improve The Value Of Your Home. https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2016/1128/834924-top-10-tips-to-improve-the-value-of-your-home
Image Credit: Homebuilding.co.uk