Bangor University’s School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering announces three fully-funded PhD positions available in the area of AI, Machine Learning and Advanced Computing (AIMLAC) to start in October 2021.
The PhD positions are highly competitive and very attractive as the funding will cover full tuition fee waiver, an annual stipend of £15,285, and additional funding is also available for research expenses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Bangor University, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: Bangor University, UK
Scholarships level: PhD
Scholarships Worth: Full tuition waiver + annually stipend of £15,285
Subject Eligibility: Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
Bangor University PhD Scholarship on AIMLAC | DETAILS
The 4-year PhD will sit within the UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Advanced Computing (CDT-AIMLAC). The Postgraduate Research program is a 4-year PhD positions studied on a full time basis beginning in October 2021. Scholarships is awarded for the duration of study.
To be considered for the Bangor University PhD Scholarship on Machine Learning and Advanced Computing (AIMLAC), candidates must meet the program requirements listed below.
- Candidates from any Nationality are eligible.
- Applicants should have at least a 2:1 degree.
- Must have excellent written and spoken English (IELTS 6.5). Applicants should have an aptitude and ability in computational thinking and methods (as evidenced by your degree).
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent programming skills, and have followed a suitable degree programme, e.g., in computer science, mathematics or electronic engineering (with substantial programming), or closely related discipline.
- Candidates must have an interest in AI, machine learning and advanced computing and one of the topics, above.
The benefits of the Bangor University PhD Scholarship on Machine Learning and Advanced Computing (AIMLAC) including:
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- An annual stipend of £15,285 and
- Additional funding is also available for research expenses.
How-to-Apply: Candidates are required to:
- Apply via Bangor University’s online application portal by application deadline.
- Email the PDF’s of your application to email@example.com, indicating your choices of projects and supervisor.
- Complete the online equality, diversity and inclusivity form.
- For Bangor’s electronic application process, applicants must include the following attachments in PDF form:
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are still an undergraduate, provide a transcript of results known to date).
- A statement no longer than 1,000 words that explains why you want to join our Centre, and your top two preferred projects (title and supervisor).
- Academic references – all scholarship applications require two supporting references to be submitted. Please ensure that your chosen referees are aware of the funding deadline (to be determined), as their references form a vital part of the evaluation process. Please include these with your scholarship application.
Application Deadline: February 12, 2021
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Share to a friend who needs this