What a fantastic offer! You can now for the 2022 Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Study Grant in the United Kingdom!
In 2022, the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research grant was founded and it received many kind support from the ALBORADA Trust Board.
The Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research study grant aims to assist researchers at the post-doctoral level and above from the University of Cambridge.
More than 260 awards have been made, to assist Cambridge researchers to engage their African colleagues from 31 African countries.
The Aim of Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Study Grant:
• To encourage training, research and engagement activities between University of Cambridge and sub-Saharan Africa.
Benefits of Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Study Grant:
The research grant is between £1,000 and £20,000, and it covers the following;
° Your research costs (like reagents, equipment and fieldwork).
° You research-related travel between Cambridge and Africa.
° It covers your costs of conducting research training activities in Africa.
Selection Criteria for Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Study Grant
• You must be at the post-doctoral level or above, and by completing an application, it is understood that you are doing so with support from your Head of Department or equivalent.
• You should have a formal link to a research group/department/faculty in your institution
• You are required to remain employed beyond the end date of your ALBORADA awards.
• If you are applying from Cambridge, you must either be working at the University of Cambridge, or at a Research Institute affiliated with the University.
• If you are a Cambridge applicant, you will act as the lead applicants, for administrative purposes, as the awards have to be paid to their Cambridge Departments/Faculties/
The Applicable Region for Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Study Grant
• Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries including Sudan are eligible to apply.
• If you are an African, you must be based in a sub-Saharan African Research Institution or University.
Application Procedure for Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Study Grant
• You must register and complete a saveable online application form, available on the Cambridge- Africa portal.
• The following documents should be provided final submissions:
• A case for support and a lay summary.
• An itemised budget (template provided).
• CVs (maximum 2 pages) for both the Cambridge and Africa PI The details of two suggested referees are needed; these should be individuals who have no conflicts of interest with the project or investigators.
• A letter of support from the department/faculty of the Cambridge PI. For the Department of Engineering, a letter of support from the Head of Division is required.
• A letter of support from the department/institution of the African PI
• Are you eligible to apply but unable to register on the page above? Please contact alboradafund@cambridge-africa.
Closing Date: September 5, 2022
If you are considering to apply for this scholarship program, make sure you apply for it on time. It’s fully funded and covers lots of expenses.