6. Turmeric: Turmeric is a natural remedy that can remove impurities and dead skin cells from the knees and elbows without any side effects. It contains a compound known as curcumin which reduces and regulates the excess production of melanin responsible for dark complexions. Just mix some turmeric powder with one teaspoon of milk, apply it to the knees and elbows. You can now massage for a few minutes and let it dry there naturally. Rinse it with warm water later. If you wish, you can add a bit of honey to the mixture for a better effect.
7. Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in vitamin E which can help in repairing the skin around your knee area and get rid of the darkness. Just take a few drops of almond oil on your fingers and apply it to the knees and elbows. Massage for a few minutes so that the oil absorbed the skin.
8. Honey: Honey serves as a natural moisturizer. When combined with lemon, it can work wonders on your skin. Simply mix two tablespoon of honey, the juice of half a lemon, and one teaspoon of baking soda. Apply the mixture over the darkened areas and let it stay there for 20 to 30 minutes and wash off. Also, honey works very well with milk and aloe vera. You can add one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of milk and one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Apply the paste to your skin, let it stay there for 15minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains acidic component mainly acetic acid that works as a natural bleaching agent. It can also exfoliate the skin and lightens it. You will only need one part of apple cider vinegar, one part water and a cotton ball. Simply dilute the acv in the water, soak the cotton ball in it and apply this on the knees and elbows. Let it stay there for 15minutes before risen it off.
10. Sugar and Olive Oil: A natural scrub made from sugar and olive oil will nourish, hydrate, and remove dead cells from your skin. Combine equal amounts of sugar and olive oil to make a fine mixture, apply it to knees and elbows and massage in circular motions for about 5minutes. Repeat it on a weekly basis. Meanwhile, you can also use this scrub to cleanse the face. Just ensure not to rub too hard, as it may hurt your skin.