Do you find it disgusting to wear short dresses, shorts, or anything that reveals your knees? Does having dark knee caps and elbows make you conscious and leave you feeling uncertain about your appearance? If you have been missing your favorite clothes due to this condition, there is a natural solution to it.
Accumulation of dead skin cells, friction, too much exposure to sunlight or a hormonal imbalance can lead to dark knees and elbows. These parts of the body don’t contain any oil glands and it is necessary to protect them from dryness through proper care and hygiene.
Here are ten (10) easy yet very effective techniques to help nourish your skin and remove dark patches naturally.
1. Cucumber: Because of its bleaching properties, cucumber is among the most effective ways to fight against dark knees and elbows. It can remove dead skin cells and keep your skin moisturized. Vitamins A and C present in cucumbers can help keep the skin fresh and beautiful. Gently rub thick slices of cucumber over your elbows and knees for 15minutes and let it stay there for another 5minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. If you desire, you can mix equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your knees, elbows, and also underarms. Let it stay for 20minutes and rinse it off. You can do this on daily basis.
2. Baking Soda & Milk: Baking soda is a great exfoliant that will not cleanse the skin but also remove dead cells. The lactic acid and amino acids present in milk smoothen the skin and moisturize it. It will also ensure the skin remains healthy for a long period of time. Get one tablespoon of baking soda and milk, mix them together. Apply the mixture on the knees and elbows and gently scrub in a circular motion for two or three minutes. Rinse it off with water.
3. Lemon & Baking Soda: Lemon is an excellent skin lightening ingredient which is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C that helps promote skin regeneration and improve skin complexion. Also, baking soda acts as a gentle and effective cleanser for whitening dark areas of the skin. Take a lemon and cut it into two halves, sprinkle one tablespoon of baking soda on top of the lemon, rub your elbows and knees for one minute, let it stay there for 15minutes and then wash off with warm water. Simply repeat this method once every two days for a better result.
4. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is one of the best hydrating and moisturizing oils for the skin. It aids the prevention of dryness and the vitamin E in it can repairs the skin and lighten it in the process. Just get one tablespoon of coconut oil and one tablespoon of walnut powder. Mix the ingredients very well to form a paste and use it as a scrub on dark elbows and knees for two or three minutes. You can then rinse it off with water. Also, after taking a shower, apply coconut oil on your knees and elbows daily.
5. Potato: Potato is rich in catecholase enzyme that can naturally lighten the skin tone. Frequent use of potato can soften your skin and help you get rid of dark areas. Simply grate the potato, squeeze out the juice, and apply it on your skin. Let it stay on your skin for 15minutes, and then rinse it with water. You can apply a moisturizer. In another way, you can also rub your elbows and knees with a potato cut into slices for about 10 to 15minutes and then wash off.